+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Form 5257E

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by amair29, Jun 21, 2011.

  1. Hi,

    I want to apply for visitor visa to canada. In filling up form 5257E I saw the option "Name, address and relationship of any person(s)or institution I will visit". I dont know anybody in canada. There is only one friend but I am just going for tourism for 1 week. Can I up put empty this option in the form? Appreciate your responses.

  2. HI

    Put N/A don't leave any sections blank.
  3. Thanks...

    I have one more question about the forms..I am in USA on H1B visa. Do I need to submit below two forms also along with 5257, 5645 and 5484?

    Schedule 1 – Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada (IMM5257 – Schedule 1), if applicable
    Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union (IMM 5409), if applicable

  4. Hi,

    I got the answer for my last question. I don't need to submit both the forms (IMM5257 – Schedule 1) and Common-law Union (IMM 5409) as I am married and in form 52757 I have nothing to select "Yes" for "Background Information".

    Now, I have one confusion in fee payment. I want to submit the application in Buffalo USA. Can I just attach the check with all the forms and supporting documents when I submit the application by mail? Please let me know.

  5. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx

    *Effective May 1, 2010 and subject to change at any time.

    Submitting the Fee:

    Fees should be made payable to the "Canadian Consulate General".

    Payment must be in Canadian or U.S. dollars only. No other currency will be accepted.

    The entire fee must be submitted in one currency; do not send part of the fee in US dollars and part in Canadian dollars.

    The fee payment must be dated not more than 90 days from the date of application submission.

    The fees for applications in some economic classes (Quebec Selected, Canadian Experience Class, Provincial Nominees) are payable when the application is submitted.

    Applications submitted in these classes without the correct fees will be returned to the applicant.

    The Right of Permanent Residence Fee in these classes may be paid at the time of application or at any time during processing.

    The Right of Permanent Residence Fee must be paid before the Visa is issued.

    We will accept:

    Money Order
    Cashier's Cheque
    Certified Cheque
    Bank Draft

    We will NOT/NOT accept:

    Personal Cheques
    Credit Cards
    Receipts for fees paid in Canada
    Receipts for on-line payments
    Fees in amounts other than those shown in the Fee Schedule

  6. Hi,

    Thanks for the details. But does this means I can attach the cashier check payable to ""Canadian Consulate General" with the application package? Does fee payment has any form to attach. Please explain below statement from the same buffalo cic website page, I am bit confused with this statement :

    Please note: All fees for Family Class applicants must be submitted to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga, Ontario using an official fee receipt (IMM5401).

  7. I am on H1B in the US - Valid until Aug 2014. I am planning to get my H1B Stamped in one of the US consulates in Canada. I am targetting Mid Aug to get the date in Ottawa
    I am planning to go to NYC on Aug 03 to get my Canadian Temporary resident visa.

    In Form 5257E:
    Question: I have put in the country of residence as USA with Status of Work and Date From: since the time I entered here. I am not sure what should be entered in To: section. The system asks for a future date. Should this be the date when I am appearing for the Canadian visa i.e. Aug 03 or should this be the end date written on my H1b approval notice.

    Similar is the case with employment:
    From: Date I was employed with my employer

    Appreciate your response!

Share This Page