+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to sign spousal documents online

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Yes missing signatures are a definite return of the application. Some people have said 4 weeks, others 3 months. It’s not clear how long it takes. It’s extremely frustrating, esp since the online instructions were not clear at all re signatures. If you withdraw will you have to pay again? It gets complicated with that too, and payment issues also mean a returned app.
Sorry, but you are wrong here. Instructions are very clear and not just at one place but many, like, Checklist, Guides, IRCC website & in the forms.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Sorry, but you are wrong here. Instructions are very clear and not just at one place but many, like, Checklist, Guides, IRCC website & in the forms.
Not for the online forms, which is why me and a ton of others are on here with the same issue. You can electronically sign several of the online forms . But not two of them. I only realized I’d done it wrong by coming on here! It actually says on one page of forms “you do not need to sign here you will do so electronically’. Don’t worry I feel like a total idiot already for not figuring it out. Lol.

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Talking to IRCC they are telling us to just reapply now and to include a letter of explanation that we had a mistake in our old application. And they say that we can send it in by paper with the open work permit application and she can stay on maintained status as long as it's in in time. This was straight from the IRCC phone line.

Last edited: