+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to sign spousal documents online

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Hey everyone. I just realized that you have to print and sign the spousal documents. Something I never did. And I sent in my online pr application last week. What can I do? Can I cancel it? Can I email and change it? Will it be return and we go to the back of the line again? I feel like the world's biggest fuck up

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hey everyone. I just realized that you have to print and sign the spousal documents. Something I never did. And I sent in my online pr application last week. What can I do? Can I cancel it? Can I email and change it? Will it be return and we go to the back of the line again? I feel like the world's biggest fuck up
That’s okay, I understand the frustration but it’s okay. You’ll have to wait until IRCC reviews the file unfortunately. There could be a chance that it won’t be returned and they ask you for updated forms.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
I did the same and forgot to sign forms. There’s nothing we can do. I’ve read some got returned 1 to 3 months later and you have to resubmit. not sure if you go to the back of the line, I expect we do.

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
That’s okay, I understand the frustration but it’s okay. You’ll have to wait until IRCC reviews the file unfortunately. There could be a chance that it won’t be returned and they ask you for updated forms.
That's crappy that there's no way to cancel it. Should have applied on paper i guess. Would have solved both my work permit issue and unsigned document issue as everything would be signed anyway

z1nk1nk

Mar 27, 2022
Well I think you can submit it through the irrc webform. I forgot to upload the police certificate and translated version of bank statement showing address so I am just going to that through the iirc web. Hopefully when my file is being checked they can see that I sent the other missing documents. I'm guessing that's how it work anyone. Anyone know if I'm correct?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
I did the same and forgot to sign forms. There’s nothing we can do. I’ve read some got returned 1 to 3 months later and you have to resubmit. not sure if you go to the back of the line, I expect we do.
In case of file returned, you didn’t join the line at first place. You only gets in the queue once your file is accepted by IRCC for processing which is confirmed via an acknowledgment email from IRCC.

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
In case of file returned, you didn’t join the line at first place. You only gets in the queue once your file is accepted by IRCC for processing which is confirmed via an acknowledgment email from IRCC.
That's more what I meant. We'll wait 3-4 months to be denied. Than 3-4 months for an AOR. Would be nice if they just had to recheck what needed changing and then you wouldn't wait so long again

It seems like we will try to withdraw her application. But definitely getting mixed messages on if that's possible yet

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
That's more what I meant. We'll wait 3-4 months to be denied. Than 3-4 months for an AOR. Would be nice if they just had to recheck what needed changing and then you wouldn't wait so long again

It seems like we will try to withdraw her application. But definitely getting mixed messages on if that's possible yet
I would suggest to
1. Call IRCC and ask how much time it would take to mark the file as withdrawn?
2. If you get a satisfactory answer and the duration is less as compared to waiting for months for them to send it back, send a web form to withdraw current application with the reason and start preparing a new application. As soon as you could see the status Withdrawn, send the new application.
It’s all about how much and what you would want to wait for.

z1nk1nk

Mar 27, 2022
I would suggest to
1. Call IRCC and ask how much time it would take to mark the file as withdrawn?
2. If you get a satisfactory answer and the duration is less as compared to waiting for months for them to send it back, send a web form to withdraw current application with the reason and start preparing a new application. As soon as you could see the status Withdrawn, send the new application.
It’s all about how much and what you would want to wait for.
Why not just submit it through the iirc webform and state what was missing

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Why not just submit it through the iirc webform and state what was missing
If it could work like this by sending a web form in case of missing signatures, why IRCC sends back the application at all?

muscletech

May 26, 2020
App. Filed.......
24-02-2020
AOR Received.
10-03-2020
Well I think you can submit it through the irrc webform. I forgot to upload the police certificate and translated version of bank statement showing address so I am just going to that through the iirc web. Hopefully when my file is being checked they can see that I sent the other missing documents. I'm guessing that's how it work anyone. Anyone know if I'm correct?
There is big difference between missing supporting documents and missing signatures on IRCC forms.

z1nk1nk

Mar 27, 2022
If it could work like this by sending a web form in case of missing signatures, why IRCC sends back the application at all?
Well missing signature is more serious than lets say missing police certificate like me but it's worth a try instead of waiting to get rejected

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022
Yes missing signatures are a definite return of the application. Some people have said 4 weeks, others 3 months. It’s not clear how long it takes. It’s extremely frustrating, esp since the online instructions were not clear at all re signatures. If you withdraw will you have to pay again? It gets complicated with that too, and payment issues also mean a returned app.

Britteadrinker

Star Member
Mar 18, 2022

Are you sure it’s. 3 to. 4 Months? Ughhh that’s so long.