+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to sign and date the application

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
I had mailed my citizenship application in October, I had attached the output of Physical Presence Calculator with my application but forgot to sign and date the application (my fault).

My application along with all the attachments was returned to me yesterday,

They have simply asked (in Annex A mentioned below) me to resubmit the completed application form submitted in October. This looks simple, I simply need to sign "Physical Presence Calculator" and date it and submit October forms again.

Now I have below confusion

The Form "Physical Presence Calculator" says "Please make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on this page are the same." But I am signing this "Physical Presence Calculator" today, so what date should I mention.

Option 1)
I think I should not sign it back dated, as it is not true.

Option 2)
If I sign it as 26th Nov then it is not matching CIT-0002

Option 3)
I submit a new application, it will be good (as all the dates confusions is gone) but I think it wont work as the application that they returned is already stamped as received. Also they had not asked to submit a new one, they sent me the old ones back may be because they want me to return the old ones.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Below is the Annex-A that I received from them (its a standard letter they sent to all return applicants)

Annex A

Please choose among the following two options

1. submitting a complete application Please check on the statement below, sign, date and return this Annex A and your application to the mailing address indicated below.

If you choose Option 1, your application package will first be reviewed to ensure it is complete. If your application package is still incomplete, it
will not be processed and be returned to you with the proof of payment. I wish to resubmit an application for a grant of citizenship. I have included:

* the completed application form submitted in October 2017or a later version of the application form (as indicated in the lower left corner of the form)
* the required documents based on teh Document Checklist of the form for a grant of citizenship (CIT-0002)
* the proof of payment

2. Requesting a refund

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
You may also update both CIT0002 and presence calculator to account for the days spent since you sent your application, and sign them both again.
You can add an explanation letter to tell CIC what you did.

Good luck ! :)

gigig

Nov 9, 2017
I had mailed my citizenship application in October, I had attached the output of Physical Presence Calculator with my application but forgot to sign and date the application (my fault).

My application along with all the attachments was returned to me yesterday,

They have simply asked (in Annex A mentioned below) me to resubmit the completed application form submitted in October. This looks simple, I simply need to sign "Physical Presence Calculator" and date it and submit October forms again.

Now I have below confusion

The Form "Physical Presence Calculator" says "Please make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on this page are the same." But I am signing this "Physical Presence Calculator" today, so what date should I mention.

Option 1)
I think I should not sign it back dated, as it is not true.

Option 2)
If I sign it as 26th Nov then it is not matching CIT-0002

Option 3)
I submit a new application, it will be good (as all the dates confusions is gone) but I think it wont work as the application that they returned is already stamped as received. Also they had not asked to submit a new one, they sent me the old ones back may be because they want me to return the old ones.
Option 3

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
in this order -
best, option 3
still close to best (as you are well within 90 days of 1st application date), then option 1
worst will be option 2, then it be returned again. o_O

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Wait till returned too many applications active delays whole process

asitoja

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
01-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-07-10
File Transfer...
06-09-10
Med's Request
25-08-10
Med's Done....
20-09-10, 29-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-10
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-11
LANDED..........
04-19-11
Hi I made the same mistake, I forgot ro sign in the ‘physical presence calculator for’, may I ask how long did take before they returned younapplication? My application was received in cic on Nov.3,2017 I’m pretty sure it will be returned too, I’m still waiting... And may I ask the status of your application now?

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Hi I made the same mistake, I forgot ro sign in the ‘physical presence calculator for’, may I ask how long did take before they returned younapplication? My application was received in cic on Nov.3,2017 I’m pretty sure it will be returned too, I’m still waiting... And may I ask the status of your application now?
Hi,
They returned my complete application in month approx 30 days.
did they returned your application as well ?

asitoja

Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2010
Doc's Request.
01-06-2010
AOR Received.
02-07-10
File Transfer...
06-09-10
Med's Request
25-08-10
Med's Done....
20-09-10, 29-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-11-10
VISA ISSUED...
03-25-11
LANDED..........
04-19-11
Hi,
They returned my complete application in month approx 30 days.
did they returned your application as well ?
Not yet, I’m still waiting for it. Did you send the same application or you filled out a new one?

iyad00

Mar 26, 2015
Hey guys how are you guys doing I had the very same situation I applied and sign the application on the 12th of October last year sent. I receive it back last Friday 5th od Jan there were an omission. I missed to put the date beside the signature so I back the dates all of them on the 12th of October and sent them back, today they habe been received by CIC since I have the tracking number the Law said within 90 days it's okay so yeah I guess we are okay
what do you think ?

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Hey guys how are you guys doing I had the very same situation I applied and sign the application on the 12th of October last year sent. I receive it back last Friday 5th od Jan there were an omission. I missed to put the date beside the signature so I back the dates all of them on the 12th of October and sent them back, today they habe been received by CIC since I have the tracking number the Law said within 90 days it's okay so yeah I guess we are okay
what do you think ?
wait for AOR, should be fine.

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Just for the record of this thread,

I had called the IRCC many times, they never pickup phone.
But after few dozen of attempts a gentlemen picked-up and I explained my scenario to him.
He suggested me to submit the same application and sign the date as of today. (I called him some where early Dec)

But then I told him that this is going to violate "Please make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on this page are the same." After this he kept me on hold so that he can verify from a senior.

He came back after few mins and told me the same, that I should sign the Presence calculator with date in Dec, original application dated in October.
May be because my presence calculator shows more than 1500 days

I have received my AOR in Jan. I hope all goes well.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Just for the record of this thread,

I had called the IRCC many times, they never pickup phone.
But after few dozen of attempts a gentlemen picked-up and I explained my scenario to him.
He suggested me to submit the same application and sign the date as of today. (I called him some where early Dec)

But then I told him that this is going to violate "Please make sure that the date of application used in this calculation and the date of signature on the application form and on this page are the same." After this he kept me on hold so that he can verify from a senior.

He came back after few mins and told me the same, that I should sign the Presence calculator with date in Dec, original application dated in October.
May be because my presence calculator shows more than 1500 days

I have received my AOR in Jan. I hope all goes well.
Did you resubmit you application again or was it on the original application.