+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FORGOT TO MENTION WORK EXPERIENCE IN VISA APPLICATION AND NOW APPLYING FOR EXPRESS ENTRY. WHAT TO DO?

Guru117

Oct 15, 2020
In my previous application for canada tourist visa, I accidentally filled that I was not working in the employment section. This year I was planning to move to canada and applied in express entry. After submitting the profile, a friend who had previously applied for canada PR told me about the repercussions of clashing information. I had no intention of misrepresenting this information. What to do?

pb11

Apr 24, 2017
Toronto
In my previous application for canada tourist visa, I accidentally filled that I was not working in the employment section. This year I was planning to move to canada and applied in express entry. After submitting the profile, a friend who had previously applied for canada PR told me about the repercussions of clashing information. I had no intention of misrepresenting this information. What to do?

You have 2 options:

1: Do not show

2: if you want to, make sure after ITA you must write an LOE explaining why you didn't mention In the tourist visa application. Make sure you have all the necessary documents proving your employment.

P.S: I am not an expert on this topic but sharing what my friend was told when he consulted RCIC

Guru117

Oct 15, 2020
Thank-you for the response. Whta to write though? It was a genuine error. Should I just explain that in LOE?

Guru117

Oct 15, 2020
You have 2 options:

1: Do not show

2: if you want to, make sure after ITA you must write an LOE explaining why you didn't mention In the tourist visa application. Make sure you have all the necessary documents proving your employment.

P.S: I am not an expert on this topic but sharing what my friend was told when he consulted RCIC
Was your friend's LOE accepted? Did he get a PR?