+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention Travel History

TTL1683

Jul 5, 2022
Hi, my study permit was approved last year and I have applied for work permit couple months ago, I’m still waiting for the approval of work permit. However, I just noticed that I missed to mention a 5-day trip in another country when I checked my old passport. It was the only trip that I take in the past 5 years when I submitted the study permit application. I got the date wrong so I thought the trip was more than 5 years ago when I submitted the applications for study permit and work permit, thus I checked “No” in the previous travel section on the 5257 form. I’m really afraid that it may cause an issue to my current student status and my work permit application.

Should I raise a webform to explain the case? And shall I mention this mistake has been committed in my previous study permit application as well? Would this cause a problem if I submit for the PR application in the future?

Thanks.

waygukcanada

Jul 21, 2021
Hi, my study permit was approved last year and I have applied for work permit couple months ago, I’m still waiting for the approval of work permit. However, I just noticed that I missed to mention a 5-day trip in another country when I checked my old passport. It was the only trip that I take in the past 5 years when I submitted the study permit application. I got the date wrong so I thought the trip was more than 5 years ago when I submitted the applications for study permit and work permit, thus I checked “No” in the previous travel section on the 5257 form. I’m really afraid that it may cause an issue to my current student status and my work permit application.

Should I raise a webform to explain the case? And shall I mention this mistake has been committed in my previous study permit application as well? Would this cause a problem if I submit for the PR application in the future?

Thanks.
Hi may imI know what happen to your application? I have a similar situation.