+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention step-children in visitor extensions application

AlexZ92

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I forgot to list my common-law partner’s children (she and her children are Canadian) in my visitor extension application under the list of children/step-children.
I only listed my biological child that lives with his mother in another part of Canada.

This is not my first time applying for an extension and I don’t remember if I listed them the previous times as well, my application was always approved however.

Is this a major issue?
Will it be a problem for my future PR application or will it be ok if I list them the next time I apply for an extension or on the PR application itself?

I also might not correctly remember my separated wife’s birth date, I know the year and month but not sure about the day, I’ve always got confused. I always wrote her birthday as the 20th of July since I believe that to be the correct one but I’m not 100% sure.
Then again, that was never a problem for my previous applications that got accepted with no
problems.

EDIT: It’s worth mentioning to whomever will be reading this post that I made small mistakes in my previous applications that I eventually rectified upon explanation on the next application (it was regarding marital status), CIC seemed to be accepting all that since my application always got approved.

Last edited: