+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Shergillavi23

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
Here discrepancies refer to information that is drastically different from your previous application that casts a doubt on the veracity of the entire application. Such as not disclosing a work experience. Even if you did not claim points for a work experience, it should have been listed in your personal history.

Also, if there is a discrepancy, you can explain it in LoE.
Thank you so much for your reply :) Actually my refused application had less information in
* Travel history( such as I broke down my schengen business trip to separate rows as per cities i visited during weekends , refused application had only one entry for my entire schenegen trip ) and
* Address history ( provided the address of hotel where i stayed on landing in canada which I didnt provide in refused application thinking that only addresses which had some bonafide paperwork shall be furbished ) which I corrected in my new application .

However work experience in both applications remain same just I corrected a NOC code in new application related to my first job and also got a job letter as per correct NOC code . I have disclosed about the refusal of first application in the new application . My refusal was also not becuase of misinterpretetion , it was because of the reason I was in Quebec . However do you still advise to send a LoE in webform to explain the above information ( travel history , address history ) that was not present in refused application or these are some facts that doesnt cast a doubt and majorly previous refusal reason would be looked while assessment ?

Thanks again for your reply , looking for your advise :)

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much for your reply :) Actually my refused application had less information in
* Travel history( such as I broke down my schengen business trip to separate rows as per cities i visited during weekends , refused application had only one entry for my entire schenegen trip ) and
* Address history ( provided the address of hotel where i stayed on landing in canada which I didnt provide in refused application thinking that only addresses which had some bonafide paperwork shall be furbished ) which I corrected in my new application .

However work experience in both applications remain same just I corrected a NOC code in new application related to my first job and also got a job letter as per correct NOC code . I have disclosed about the refusal of first application in the new application . My refusal was also not becuase of misinterpretetion , it was because of the reason I was in Quebec . However do you still advise to send a LoE in webform to explain the above information ( travel history , address history ) that was not present in refused application or these are some facts that doesnt cast a doubt and majorly previous refusal reason would be looked while assessment ?

Thanks again for your reply , looking for your advise :)
You do not have to address everything, just address your address, that you have moved from Quebec to the new province, an provide address proof.

Reactions: Shergillavi23

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. I need to submitted that sheet through webform or portal?
Portal should be the default. Only if your of not have an upload window or you are submitting additional information after you have submitted your application, you can send it via webform.

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
You do not have to address everything, just address your address, that you have moved from Quebec to the new province, an provide address proof.
@legalfalcon, I didn't upload my medical. I called today they told me they received it from doctor. I think emedical doctors submitted by themselves after we get request from Ircc

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Hello,

They told me they got my documents and letter. I asked them over a phone. But we didn't get any response by IRCC about our webform.
If you did get a response over the phone, it confirms that your documents have been received. For an acknowledgment, it can take 1-3 weeks.

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
@legalfalcon I receive acknowledgment. They said "We have forwarded them to the responsible office for their consideration" and they told they will add these documents within 5days with my file.

It means I am safe now ?

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
@legalfalcon hi,

can you help me with something?
I studied in Australia from 2013-2016. While I was in Australia my application for visa renewal was refused once. However I did apeal against the decision and won the case, later I was issued with the visa against the same file,case number and application id+date. Now technically it was not a refusal since they altered their decision right?
now I have not declared this in my application as I won the review and the visa denial decision was changed to visa grant decision. I already submitted my PR application for Canada and AOR is october 2020. My gcms says my eligibility is passed, criminality and info sharing is stuck in same place since february. Do you think I should inform them about this at this point? Or shall I wait? I am loooking forward to your reply.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
I think that's not refusal because they change the decision on same file but again informing them is positive point. For more info @legalfalcon can help.
Thank you for your feedback. Yes technically it is not refusal since they altered the decision later, I have the letter from Migration Review Tribunal which asks the immigration to change their decision as well. But You know the case officer is a different person and might have a different opinion. Thats why wondering if I should declare it in webform now, things are really slow anyways due to covid.

Reactions: Mpmp

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Thank you for your feedback. Yes technically it is not refusal since they altered the decision later, I have the letter from Migration Review Tribunal which asks the immigration to change their decision as well. But You know the case officer is a different person and might have a different opinion. Thats why wondering if I should declare it in webform now, things are really slow anyways due to covid.
But if you can raise webform by explaining same thing to ircc may not be a big deal. I also refused australia study visa and I didn't mention in my all applications but I informed them week ago. Now I got acknowledgement from ircc. Again take advice from @legalfalcon. Every case is different.