+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Harshp86

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
My lawyer mentioned it we already sent them affidavit and myself declaration and his letter. He checked 2 boxes 6D AND 6E. As I refused before. @legalfalcon tell me if its right.
It should not be 6E because you were just refused not refused at the airport . Your lawyer did the mistake and just loe is fine

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
It should not be 6E because you were just refused not refused at the airport . Your lawyer did the mistake and just loe is fine
No it just fine, we can select both because if we refused that does same mean we get refuse to enter that country. Same meaning not to worry at all. I already took assistance from other lawyers too. Let see. What IRCC takes decision on that.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
My lawyer mentioned it we already sent them affidavit and myself declaration and his letter. He checked 2 boxes 6D AND 6E. As I refused before. @legalfalcon tell me if its right.
If you have a lawyer representing you, do as they suggest, they know your file and your documents. There is no point cross verifying on the forum since the forum is only to provide you basic guidance and is not a substitute for legal advice.

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
@legalfalcon. Hello , my lawyer did the mistake by raising a webform, he put his family name in my family name but he mentioned my name in given name under applicant information and he put country of birth Canada in webform. We sent the follow up webform about this mistake to correct but didnot attach pdf which we attached the previous webform. So in this case what should I do. And my uci and file number was correct attach with that webform. I am confused what to do now.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon. Hello , my lawyer did the mistake by raising a webform, he put his family name in my family name but he mentioned my name in given name under applicant information and he put country of birth Canada in webform. We sent the follow up webform about this mistake to correct but didnot attach pdf which we attached the previous webform. So in this case what should I do. And my uci and file number was correct attach with that webform. I am confused what to do now.
Such minor errors happen and as long as you have sent a webform to correct it, there is no need to be cocnerned.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
If this is just for the webform, typically this comes back saying they couldn't find the right applicant.
Why do I know this? I did something similar while adding my spouse.

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
If this is just for the webform, typically this comes back saying they couldn't find the right applicant.
Why do I know this? I did something similar while adding my spouse.
Oh okay but I send the follow-up. I put correct file number plus uci number. May be this way they will find out.

Shergillavi23

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
A stamp on your passport is not required. And not all country stamp your passport when you enter or issue a visa, if you are from a visa exempt country.

However, just send a webform, and in that mention that you inadvertently missing or incorrectly answered the question as no, when it should have bene yes, as your express entry application (number), filed on [date] was refused.
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am writing a message directly to you to seek your advise as i am really stressed out and not able to figure out what shall I conclude from this statement .

I have ordered two sets of GCMS notes : Notes1 were received on 04 Jun 2021 and second were received today .
Both the notes have same information for eligibility , criminality and info sharing .
However the second notes has an additional phrase in integrated FOSS/GCMS section that says PA : WP valid until XXXXXX , NOC : XXXX , Intended employer : ABC company , Previous refusals of note : E00XYXYXY POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION :
And there is nothing mentioned after ':' in ADVERSE INFORMATION .

In the first notes there was no sentence like POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION . And both the notes are by case analyst , no officer has yet written the notes .

To explain about my case , I have a previous EE refusal as mentioned in the above messages in the thread.
So my concern is this POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION about my previous express entry application as they would now start reviewing the previous application or is it about something else . I have never been in any fraud , even my RCMP screening is clear .
Can you please help me what should I do in this case , are there any possible steps I could take . I would be obliged always !

Regards
ShergillAvi23

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon ,

I am writing a message directly to you to seek your advise as i am really stressed out and not able to figure out what shall I conclude from this statement .

I have ordered two sets of GCMS notes : Notes1 were received on 04 Jun 2021 and second were received today .
Both the notes have same information for eligibility , criminality and info sharing .
However the second notes has an additional phrase in integrated FOSS/GCMS section that says PA : WP valid until XXXXXX , NOC : XXXX , Intended employer : ABC company , Previous refusals of note : E00XYXYXY POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION :
And there is nothing mentioned after ':' in ADVERSE INFORMATION .

In the first notes there was no sentence like POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION . And both the notes are by case analyst , no officer has yet written the notes .

To explain about my case , I have a previous EE refusal as mentioned in the above messages in the thread.
So my concern is this POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION about my previous express entry application as they would now start reviewing the previous application or is it about something else . I have never been in any fraud , even my RCMP screening is clear .
Can you please help me what should I do in this case , are there any possible steps I could take . I would be obliged always !

Regards
ShergillAvi23
"POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION" by itself doe not mean that there is anything wrong. All it means is that you had a prior refusal and that has to be looked into before a decision on your current application can be made. IRCC will look into your previous application and make sure that there are no discrepancies in your application, the prior refusal was not a result of misrepresentation of fraudulent documents.

When you submit multiple applications, all applications have to be consistent.

Reactions: Shergillavi23

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
@legalfalcon, I got an medical request, And I done medical exam, Do I need to submit medical via webform or portal account or doctor will submit by himself?

Shergillavi23

Star Member
Aug 23, 2020
"POTENTIAL ADVERSE INFORMATION" by itself doe not mean that there is anything wrong. All it means is that you had a prior refusal and that has to be looked into before a decision on your current application can be made. IRCC will look into your previous application and make sure that there are no discrepancies in your application, the prior refusal was not a result of misrepresentation of fraudulent documents.

When you submit multiple applications, all applications have to be consistent.
Thank you so much , that is a relief to my stress as I know surely previous application would be looked into before decision in the new application . Just one question , when you say discrepancies in the applications will they match each and every information value entered in previous application to the new application or will they majorly look into Refusal reason . The reason I am asking is because I have provided more elaborated information in 2nd application related to address history and travel history which has one or two additional entries than first application . Also i have corrected my one of NOC codes in second application . Apart from these everything is exactly similar .
Thanks a ton for your reply @legalfalcon :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you so much , that is a relief to my stress as I know surely previous application would be looked into before decision in the new application . Just one question , when you say discrepancies in the applications will they match each and every information value entered in previous application to the new application or will they majorly look into Refusal reason . The reason I am asking is because I have provided more elaborated information in 2nd application related to address history and travel history which has one or two additional entries than first application . Also i have corrected my one of NOC codes in second application . Apart from these everything is exactly similar .
Thanks a ton for your reply @legalfalcon :)
Here discrepancies refer to information that is drastically different from your previous application that casts a doubt on the veracity of the entire application. Such as not disclosing a work experience. Even if you did not claim points for a work experience, it should have been listed in your personal history.

Also, if there is a discrepancy, you can explain it in LoE.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, I got an medical request, And I done medical exam, Do I need to submit medical via webform or portal account or doctor will submit by himself?
You will have to send the upfront sheet you received from the panel physician. The panel physician will send the report directly to IRCC.

See https://bit.ly/3cxnr0w