+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
There is no reason to provide exact reason since IRCC will have it in the system and they will do a FOSS check on your application anyway. The important thing is to mention that your visa was refused, and in the reason you can mention the you no longer remember why. Also, in most refusals the reason is generic.

To know the exact reason, for Canada, you can request the GCMS notes for your refused application. You can also request the copy of your entire application with the supporting materials, if you do not remember what you wrote in the application or document you provided.

IRCC does pick up previous applications to verify details, and it there is any contradiction on material facts, that can jeopardize your current application. Not trying to scare you, but an applicant is responsible to answer all questions truthfully.
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond.

paul85

Sep 23, 2016
Hi, I have a query regarding VISA refusal! During my study in the UK, my application for extension of study permit has been refused by UK home office due to insufficient fund (don't have that paper now) in 2009 but when I took this matter to UK court, the court granted the visa and overruled the decision of UK home office.

Now I am working in Canada with the work permit and extended 3 times without mentioning that matter in my application.

Also, during the extension of my work permit in Canada, once it was refused due to wrong LIMA number provided by my employer. But I have never mentioned that in my work permit extension application afterwards!

Do you think I should mention those both issues or matters in my PR application?

Last edited:

Superman89

Mar 20, 2018
Hello in a similar position. I listed one refusal for Australia partner visa, however I forgot that year after I got refused tourist visa as well :(:(. So I just raised a cse now and attached my visa refusal. Plus emailed my local visa office as well. I am. Still on Ip1 may 26th review required for stat question for previous visa refusal.

Nodi

Jul 3, 2018
Hello folks,
I'm totally streesed out at this point of time and need your genuine guidance.
I have submitted my pr application and my eAPR is 13th June.
However, today I just realized a grave mistake of not mentioning my spouse's UK previous travel visa rejection (in 2014) as we both totally forgot about it. My spouse is indicated as non accompanying.
I understand that this is a serious matter and can lead to rejection and a ban.:(
Now I'm thinking of raising a CSE and explain everything and also provide rejection letter.
What else should I do in this case? Has anyone gone thru this?
I'd appreciate response from senior members like @legalfalcon
Thanks
Did u get pregnant or not

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
Hi All, I am in a similar dilemma. I just realized today that I did not mention both of my spouse's visa refusals. He applied for a Canadian TRV in 2016 and 2017, however in the section to provide details we only mentioned 2017 by mistake. I am wondering if I need to contact CIC and also tell them about 2016? I am somewhat worried that this will impact our application.

I know that CIC would have this information available and will most likely review during their checks. I provided his UCI number, so I am wondering if contacting them is absolutely necessary, and if we do, will this delay the processing of our application? I am in the early stages:

Stream: CEC - Inland
AOR: Oct 20
MEP: Waiting

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone. Thanks.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Hi All, I am in a similar dilemma. I just realized today that I did not mention both of my spouse's visa refusals. He applied for a Canadian TRV in 2016 and 2017, however in the section to provide details we only mentioned 2017 by mistake. I am wondering if I need to contact CIC and also tell them about 2016? I am somewhat worried that this will impact our application.

I know that CIC would have this information available and will most likely review during their checks. I provided his UCI number, so I am wondering if contacting them is absolutely necessary, and if we do, will this delay the processing of our application? I am in the early stages:

Stream: CEC - Inland
AOR: Oct 20
MEP: Waiting

I would appreciate some feedback from anyone. Thanks.
Mentioning it might delay the process for probably a few days but since u already answered yes in statutory question you won't be rejected because of it however, I'll advise that u submit a CSE n a letter of explanation. You shouldn't think too much about it though

plutoshan

Aug 29, 2017
Mentioning it might delay the process for probably a few days but since u already answered yes in statutory question you won't be rejected because of it however, I'll advise that u submit a CSE n a letter of explanation. You shouldn't think too much about it though
Thanks. And how do I go about submitting the CSE? Is it the same link that was posted earlier in this thread?

Nambyafx

Feb 9, 2019
So did you get the PR ?

I'm in a similar situation. I forgot to mention my Spain tourist visa rejection (rejected due to intention of stay was not clear)..

It's been 5 months since my aor and I'm on ip2 now. When I called cic last week they said I have passed my eligibility and criminal checks. My security checks has not started yet.

Have you got your pr after this issue ?

Nambyafx

Feb 9, 2019
At this stage your application will be at CIO. So just raise a CSE and explain that your inadvertently forgot to mention the visa refusal when submitting your application.

Prior visa refusals have no consequence on the decision of the PR application, unless the visa refusal was due to fraud, misrepresentation or a serious immigration violation.

Mentioning the prior rejections does speed up your BGC. Many applicants forget to mention prior refusals, and then they will later receive ADRs.

Ne need to worry, just raise a CSE and explain, and if you have the refusal letter, send that too.

I have forgotten to mention my Spain tourist visa rejection on my application form for PR (it was rejected stating that my intention of stay was not clear).

Currently I'm on ip2. 5 months passed since my aor. When I called cic last week this was the status:

Eligibility- passed
Criminality- passed
Security- yet to begin.

Should I send a cse or is it too late now ? Will appreciate your reply. I'm getting very worried now.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have forgotten to mention my Spain tourist visa rejection on my application form for PR (it was rejected stating that my intention of stay was not clear).

Currently I'm on ip2. 5 months passed since my aor. When I called cic last week this was the status:

Eligibility- passed
Criminality- passed
Security- yet to begin.

Should I send a cse or is it too late now ? Will appreciate your reply. I'm getting very worried now.
You need to send a cse immediately.

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017

Eligibility- passed
Criminality- passed
Security- yet to begin.

So did you get the PR ?

I'm in a similar situation. I forgot to mention my Spain tourist visa rejection (rejected due to intention of stay was not clear)..

It's been 5 months since my aor and I'm on ip2 now. When I called cic last week they said I have passed my eligibility and criminal checks. My security checks has not started yet.

Have you got your pr after this issue ?

Hi,
Yes, I got my PR. I did not raise any CSE. I would say, if you eligibility is already passed, don't bother with the CSE. I am only speculating here, but if they have any concerns, they should ask you for clarification. The entire process took about 6 months. Also, it would be worth getting the GCMS notes.
Good Luck!