Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018
thank u ..ur rply was quite helpful . i got mine today.

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
thank u ..ur rply was quite helpful . i got mine today.
Hi How you doin?

I am in a similar situation, the difference is i have applied for me and now i am trying to add my spouse so far i forgot about my USA visitor visa rejection in all my applications and all of them have been approved but IRCC did requested few other forms for my spouse and a updated schedule A for me. I hired a consultant for my spouses application he was going thru the q&a with me when he asked me about that particular question and at that point i came to know i have been doing the same mistake in all my application since i forgot about the rejection. Now he is suggestion to disclose the rejection and write a letter of explanation. Now my concern its been more then 2 years since the application is in process if i change the answer to YES from NO. would i face any further issues?

Please any suggestions will be helpful. thank you.

gitu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018
no. i think rather than them knowing it first it would be better if u could just raise a CSE and let them know b4 hand everything. in that case u r not lying and ur application has less chance of rejection.

Pjoshi2789

Mar 24, 2018
no. i think rather than them knowing it first it would be better if u could just raise a CSE and let them know b4 hand everything. in that case u r not lying and ur application has less chance of rejection.

Yes i did updated in my new schedule A form with corrected information, which was requested by ircc including few other form for my spouse. Did u got any update regarding your file?

gitu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018
Yes i did updated in my new schedule A form with corrected information, which was requested by ircc including few other form for my spouse. Did u got any update regarding your file?
yes..one automated email..but that was also kind of a relief .update on the profile? nothing yet..:(o_O:rolleyes:

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Hello folks,

I'm totally streesed out at this point of time and need your genuine guidance.
I have submitted my pr application and my eAPR is 27th July, 2018 (resident of USA – on work permit).
However, today I just realized a grave mistake of not mentioning my spouse's USA previous student visa rejection as we both totally forgot about it (rejected in 2008 I think).

My spouse is indicated as non-accompanying.

My spouse has valid Canada visitor visa and valid work permit (company filed and approved – he is ready for travel on his company work) – in both application – we did not mentioned about US previous student visa rejection.

My spouse has other US approved visas.. after that student rejection. US work permit approved (he stayed in US for almost 3 years. Now back to India on project work) and has US valid b1/b2 valid visa.

Will it affect my PR process..

What should I do in this case? Has anyone gone thru this?

I'd appreciate response from senior members like @legalfalcon

Thanks
I made the same mistake. My rejection was even more recent than yours. Check the thread below. And my timeline is on my profile. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/i-need-help-on-my-permanent-residence-application-please.565176/

Holyange

Aug 17, 2018
@legalfalcon I was refused a study permit visa for Canada in 2009 which I believe the reason was for insufficient funds. I was also refused a tourist visa for Canada in 2013. My application for those visa were paper applications. I don’t remember the exact reasons why my tourist visa was refused. Does the express entry application require us to provide the exact reasons for past Visa refusal? Is there a way for me to have access to my files to know the reasons behind this visa refusal even though it was in 2013 and I don’t have the file number. Thank you

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Send a case specific query to the CIC, mentioning the error before the application goes further. If you don't, this will be misrepresentation and you will not get PR and possibly be banned for 5 years. This has happened before and the CIC do realize (sometimes) that mistakes happen.

reddyind88

Sep 27, 2018
Send a case specific query to the CIC, mentioning the error before the application goes further. If you don't, this will be misrepresentation and you will not get PR and possibly be banned for 5 years. This has happened before and the CIC do realize (sometimes) that mistakes happen.
Thank for your info ..

but information shared limited to below as per CIC document..

nfo that are shared in info sharing between US and canada

Appendix B Information that may be shared [Article 5 of the SMU]

1. Name 2. Alias(es) 3. Gender 4. Physical description 5. Date of birth 6. Country of birth 7. Country of last permanent residence 8. Nationality or nationalities 9. Biometrics including photographs and fingerprints 10. Work history 11. Military service 12. Links with terrorist and/or organized crime groups 13. Citizenship or immigration enforcement status and history 14. Travel carrier information 15. Passport and travel document information 16. Personal identification numbers 17. Travel routing, itinerary and history 18. Telephone numbers 19. Addresses 20. Marital status and family composition 21. Immigration status 22. Previous immigration violations 23. Outstanding immigration and criminal warrants for arrest 24. Criminal history and convictions for which no pardon has been granted in Canada or the United States 25. Occupational information 26. Education 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors 30. Other criminal and security intelligence relevant to the purposes set out in 5.1. [Article 2 of the SMU] 31. Other information not listed above, provided it is relevant to the request and consistent with the purposes set ou

see this too
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in02-eng.pdf

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank for your info ..

1. Name 2. Alias(es) 3. Gender 4. Physical description 5. Date of birth 6. Country of birth 7. Country of last permanent residence 8. Nationality or nationalities 9. Biometrics including photographs and fingerprints 10. Work history 11. Military service 12. Links with terrorist and/or organized crime groups 13. Citizenship or immigration enforcement status and history 14. Travel carrier information 15. Passport and travel document information 16. Personal identification numbers 17. Travel routing, itinerary and history 18. Telephone numbers 19. Addresses 20. Marital status and family composition 21. Immigration status 22. Previous immigration violations 23. Outstanding immigration and criminal warrants for arrest 24. Criminal history and convictions for which no pardon has been granted in Canada or the United States 25. Occupational information 26. Education 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors 30. Other criminal and security intelligence relevant to the purposes set out in 5.1. [Article 2 of the SMU] 31. Other information not listed above, provided it is relevant to the request and consistent with the purposes set ou

see this too
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/resources/manuals/in/in02-eng.pdf
not sure what you are trying to imply but usa and canada do share visa refusal information. better raise a cse and inform them about the mistake.

Reactions: russ6970

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Thank for your info ..

see this too
So as you can see they share a lot of data, including 21. Immigration status, 22. Previous immigration violations, 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors

I don't know why you don't think this is sharing of information. Put in a case specific query and explain the mistake ASAP. However, if you don't want to, please be assured it WILL affect you in some way. These things always come back to haunt people, whether now or in the future. If by some fluke you get your PR without declaring it, the CIC have the right to revoke it after you get it (if they find the misrepresentation). Can also affect Citizenship as well. So do yourself a favour, take our advice and declare it before it is too late.

reddyind88

Sep 27, 2018
So as you can see they share a lot of data, including 21. Immigration status, 22. Previous immigration violations, 27. Grounds of inadmissibility 28. Grounds of removal 29. Documents submitted in support of an application to CIC, INS or DOS or to their successors

I don't know why you don't think this is sharing of information. Put in a case specific query and explain the mistake ASAP. However, if you don't want to, please be assured it WILL affect you in some way. These things always come back to haunt people, whether now or in the future. If by some fluke you get your PR without declaring it, the CIC have the right to revoke it after you get it (if they find the misrepresentation). Can also affect Citizenship as well. So do yourself a favour, take our advice and declare it before it is too late.
Sure I will Do that .... Thank you

Reactions: russ6970

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon I was refused a study permit visa for Canada in 2009 which I believe the reason was for insufficient funds. I was also refused a tourist visa for Canada in 2013. My application for those visa were paper applications. I don’t remember the exact reasons why my tourist visa was refused. Does the express entry application require us to provide the exact reasons for past Visa refusal? Is there a way for me to have access to my files to know the reasons behind this visa refusal even though it was in 2013 and I don’t have the file number. Thank you
There is no reason to provide exact reason since IRCC will have it in the system and they will do a FOSS check on your application anyway. The important thing is to mention that your visa was refused, and in the reason you can mention the you no longer remember why. Also, in most refusals the reason is generic.

To know the exact reason, for Canada, you can request the GCMS notes for your refused application. You can also request the copy of your entire application with the supporting materials, if you do not remember what you wrote in the application or document you provided.

IRCC does pick up previous applications to verify details, and it there is any contradiction on material facts, that can jeopardize your current application. Not trying to scare you, but an applicant is responsible to answer all questions truthfully.