+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
My lawyer mentioned it we already sent them affidavit and myself declaration and his letter. He checked 2 boxes 6D AND 6E. As I refused before. @legalfalcon tell me if its right.
Hi,
what is the final decision on your application? Could you please explain about the LOE and Affidavit you attach to your webform. I am in the same situation. I didn’t mention my previous refusal in my work permit application and I want to submit my PR application. I would appreciate it if you could help me.

Buddhika_1990

Mar 2, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I live in Canada with Work Permit. My wife has a study permit. I received an E-APR AoR last month and submit the PR application. However, I forgot to mention about US visitor visa denial in 2014 for my Work Permit as well as my PR application. I can't remember the exact reason since they gave me a generic note. ( Not a refusal letter or a rejected stamp on my password), So, no reference.
My current PR application status is "Medical Pass" status. If I inform IRCC now about the previous Visa refusal, does it has a negative impact on my current Work Permit?

My concern is that If I bring this up now, will they cancel my work permit and my wife's study permit?

Thank you.
Buddhika,

Buddhika_1990

Mar 2, 2023
Hey, I also forgot to mention my USA visa refusal as it slipped thru my mind. I did raised the CSE webform. I got PPR as my signature, hope this will calm everyone facing the same problem.

Cheers
Hi,
I'm facing a similar issue. I currently live in Canada. So, my Work Permit got approved without mentioning about the previous US visa refusal. I did not mention this on my PR application as well since it just slipped through my mind. My concern is now if I inform IRCC now, it will have a negative impact on my current work permit.

Regards.
Buddhika.

Buddhika_1990

Mar 2, 2023
Hi All,
Do you think we should disclose the Australia State Sponsorship (Northen Terotaty) application Rejection as a Visa refusal? Thanks,

Buddhika.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon ,
I live in Canada with Work Permit. My wife has a study permit. I received an E-APR AoR last month and submit the PR application. However, I forgot to mention about US visitor visa denial in 2014 for my Work Permit as well as my PR application. I can't remember the exact reason since they gave me a generic note. ( Not a refusal letter or a rejected stamp on my password), So, no reference.
My current PR application status is "Medical Pass" status. If I inform IRCC now about the previous Visa refusal, does it has a negative impact on my current Work Permit?

My concern is that If I bring this up now, will they cancel my work permit and my wife's study permit?

Thank you.
Buddhika,
There is nothing as positive or negative impact. Under the law, you have an obligation to inform IRCC of all visa rejections., and not ding so can lead to misrepresentation.

You can send a letter of explanation and inform IRCC of the visa reaction. Since your TRV work permit was approved and closed, you cannot do much about it. But taking proactive action helps and shows that you did not want to misrepresent. See my previous posts on this thread on the law and the cases and how courts have dealt with this.

sathwik-c

Apr 27, 2022
@legalfalcon,
I am in the same boat. I reported a USA visa refusal in my Study permit and PR application, but I made a mistake in my TRV application and did not provide it. Now TRV application is inconsistent with my study and PR applications. any leads are appreciated.

Now, will I face any issues as TRV has some info different?

My AOR is 9th March, still no update on my PR application

Last edited:

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
@legalfalcon,
I am in the same boat. I reported a USA visa refusal in my Study permit and PR application, but I made a mistake in my TRV application and did not provide it. Now TRV application is inconsistent with my study and PR applications. any leads are appreciated.

Now, will I face any issues as TRV has some info different?

My AOR is 9th March, still no update on my PR application
Your TVR application was approved before your study permit?

sathwik-c

Apr 27, 2022
Your TVR application was approved before your study permit?
Study permit and study visa stamped in Jan 2021.
I got PGWP in August 2022 by doing flag-polling at the border.
TRV was approved in October 2022. Here I forgot to mention the USA visa refusal
PR AOR on 9th March,2023

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
Hi guys,
Does anyone know a professional immigration lawyer in Canada to help me write the explanation letter for forgetting past visa refusal in previous application?

Rose_love

Oct 5, 2018
Hi I had nz work permit refusal . I didn’t mention it during my student permit neither on workpermit but now I m applying for my pr . Since I have mentioned I lived in nz two years , but my consultant had suggested me to mention this time . I don’t know what is right thing to do . Please help me . Thank you

Seastar

Feb 6, 2023
Hi @legalfalcon , would appreciate if you can give us some advice - My wife has already been granted a study permit and is already in Canada now. Today, we realized that she answered one of the forms incorrectly and forgot to mention her previous US tourist visa refusal in 2010 since it was a long time ago already. We checked the forms that were submitted to IRCC and found out that she answered "NO" to the question asking whether she has been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory. In this case, should she inform IRCC of this error or should she just declare this mistake when she applies for PGWP? We're worried that this oversight will cost her study permit and her chances of getting a PGWP and PR. Would really appreciate it if you can help us on this matter. thank you!
Hi @arj123
What did you do for you issue? Did you inform IRCC and raise a webform? Thanks.