+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to mention previous visa refusal :( Please help

Ahmid4can

Sep 28, 2021
Hi @ legalfalcon
Pls I'm really stressed out now. I applied for study permit in 2017 but was refused. I answered yes to having been refused us visit visas in the past. but I didn't mention any date. Fast forward to my pr application. I only mentioned the canada study visa that was refused in 2017. Not sure why though. Medical has already been sent. But I got an ADR like- -thank you for your interest in canada .... you must provide a precise explanatory letter about each of your visa refusal to the USA. ...
If we don't get it by so so date your file will be treated as incomplete.
I've been freaking out. How i missed that I do not know.
I have submitted a notarised letter and explaining how it was an oversight. This was an advice from a lawyer. Pls someone help me out here. Haven't been myself since.
Anyone in this situation?? Goggle search engine got me here. Thank you.
@legalfalcon

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi @ legalfalcon
Pls I'm really stressed out now. I applied for study permit in 2017 but was refused. I answered yes to having been refused us visit visas in the past. but I didn't mention any date. Fast forward to my pr application. I only mentioned the canada study visa that was refused in 2017. Not sure why though. Medical has already been sent. But I got an ADR like- -thank you for your interest in canada .... you must provide a precise explanatory letter about each of your visa refusal to the USA. ...
If we don't get it by so so date your file will be treated as incomplete.
I've been freaking out. How i missed that I do not know.
I have submitted a notarised letter and explaining how it was an oversight. This was an advice from a lawyer. Pls someone help me out here. Haven't been myself since.
Anyone in this situation?? Goggle search engine got me here. Thank you.
If you send the notarized refusal letter with letter of explanation why you forgot or oversight. Then you will be fine, your application will be approved if the reason you mention is genuine.

Reactions: pigface
Jan 26, 2021
HELLO GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY PR APPLICATION, WHERE I FORGET TO MENTION MY PREVIOUS VISA REFUSALS. I HAVE MENTIONED ALL THE PREVIOUS REFUSALS IN MY STUDY AND WORK PERMIT AND EVEN IN MY MANITOBA PNP. PLEASE HELP ME IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS SITUATION.

THANK YOU

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
HELLO GUYS I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MY PR APPLICATION, WHERE I FORGET TO MENTION MY PREVIOUS VISA REFUSALS. I HAVE MENTIONED ALL THE PREVIOUS REFUSALS IN MY STUDY AND WORK PERMIT AND EVEN IN MY MANITOBA PNP. PLEASE HELP ME IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS SITUATION.

THANK YOU
My brother raise the webform with corrected 5669e form. Explain them you mentioned in your all previous applications, and this is innocent error in hurry. Your case is so simple than mine. I forgot to put refusal in all my applications. And I informed them as I came to know about. So finally I became permanent resident after I show them my honesty. I hope you will satisfied with it. If you follow the instructions I gave you will be fine. Otherwise if they ask you then chances are very low. So provide the correct form with letter of explanation through the webform, you will be fine. Thanks.

Reactions: Manmeet Singh V
Jan 26, 2021
My brother raise the webform with corrected 5669e form. Explain them you mentioned in your all previous applications, and this is innocent error in hurry. Your case is so simple than mine. I forgot to put refusal in all my applications. And I informed them as I came to know about. So finally I became permanent resident after I show them my honesty. I hope you will satisfied with it. If you follow the instructions I gave you will be fine. Otherwise if they ask you then chances are very low. So provide the correct form with letter of explanation through the webform, you will be fine. Thanks.
Thank you , I hope ur advice will work for me.

Reactions: Mpmp

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
In case anyone is wondering, he did got his COPR.
All he did was to write a LOE and attached screenshot of email that he sent to Mumbai Consulate.
If he/she provide the information correctly and genuinely and inform them about their refusal, will be fine.

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Folks ,
I submitted the documents on 28th of september 2021 for canada ICT work permit from India but i forgot to mention about my US business visa refusal which happened 8 years ago.
Now i have mailed to the DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca about it and also i have raised CSE on 14th October (yesterday) for which i have not got the acknowledgement mail. Is there anything else i need to do to ensure the smooth processing.

Mpmp

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hi Folks ,
I submitted the documents on 28th of september 2021 for canada ICT work permit from India but i forgot to mention about my US business visa refusal which happened 8 years ago.
Now i have mailed to the DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca about it and also i have raised CSE on 14th October (yesterday) for which i have not got the acknowledgement mail. Is there anything else i need to do to ensure the smooth processing.
Just raise webform.

Reactions: pigface

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Just raise webform.
I have already raised the webform 2 days ago but i have not got the acknowledgement yet , i am afraid if they process my file before acknowledgement , i have biometric also after 6 days.

mrunmaya

Dec 2, 2018
Hi Team,

I am in same boat. Applied CANADA work permit on 2019 which was rejected. I forgot to mention my USA L1B refusal. Now I am applying CANADA work permit again. I have not yet submitted the application. I have mentioned my L1B refusal in application this time. As I have not submitted it yet, do i need to raise LOE or webform in this case. Or simply if i mention my USA refusal in Work permit aplication (IMM 1295) should be fine. Will it be rejected as I have not mentioned in my first application.

Need your guidance.

@legalfalcon could you please help here?

Last edited:

ishanarorase

Star Member
Oct 15, 2021
MONTRÉAL
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi Team,

I am in same boat. Applied CANADA work permit on 2019 which was rejected. I forgot to mention my USA L1B refusal. Now I am applying CANADA work permit again. I have not yet submitted the application. I have mentioned my L1B refusal in application this time. As I have not submitted it yet, do i need to raise LOE or webform in this case. Or simply if i mention my USA refusal in Work permit aplication (IMM 1295) should be fine. Will it be rejected as I have not mentioned in my first application.

Need your guidance.
Was your canada visa refused just because you did not write about about your USA visa refusal or any other reason ?