Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
I was reading another forum and came across persons who got their PR Application denied and Ban because they have mistaken ticked "No" on the question that asked if there were ever refused a Visa before.

That let me look back on my form and realized that I did the same thing, I misread the question, I thought it was only for Canada, but it says "other country".

My spouse and I did get our first US Vistors Visa application refused in 2005 for me and for him sometime before 2003 he can't remember exactly when. To be honest, we both had forgotten about these refusals. We both have gotten Visas since and infact he just got his renewed last year. So we had no reason not wanting to disclosed it. We just misread the question and forgot about this refusal, its 14 years for me and somewhere in the region of 16 years ago for him.

We not mentioning the refusal is a Huge thing for CIC, and it's classified as misrepresentation even if we genuinely misread the question and forgot. We can be ban for 5 years.

My consultant advised me to send a Webfrorm to CiC and inform them of this, We did immediately, but I am terrified how they will view it.

As anyone, ever been in a similar situation and can share some advice. We have AOR of June 12th are we too late? I don't know I am scared to death. My entire family life would turn upside for a simple and genuine mistake like this.

e-16

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I was reading another forum and came across persons who got their PR Application denied and Ban because they have mistaken ticked "No" on the question that asked if there were ever refused a Visa before.

That let me look back on my form and realized that I did the same thing, I misread the question, I thought it was only for Canada, but it says "other country".

My spouse and I did get our first US Vistors Visa application refused in 2005 for me and for him sometime before 2003 he can't remember exactly when. To be honest, we both had forgotten about these refusals. We both have gotten Visas since and infact he just got his renewed last year. So we had no reason not wanting to disclosed it. We just misread the question and forgot about this refusal, its 14 years for me and somewhere in the region of 16 years ago for him.

We not mentioning the refusal is a Huge thing for CIC, and it's classified as misrepresentation even if we genuinely misread the question and forgot. We can be ban for 5 years.

My consultant advised me to send a Webfrorm to CiC and inform them of this, We did immediately, but I am terrified how they will view it.

As anyone, ever been in a similar situation and can share some advice. We have AOR of June 12th are we too late? I don't know I am scared to death. My entire family life would turn upside for a simple and genuine mistake like this.
You already did the only thing you can do, send in a webform to CIC. From what i've seen on similar threads, that usually helps fix this particular issue. There's nothing to worry about, its a good thing you figured it out on time and corrected it.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
You already did the only thing you can do, send in a webform to CIC. From what i've seen on similar threads, that usually helps fix this particular issue. There's nothing to worry about, its a good thing you figured it out on time and corrected it.
I really hope so.

I saw one, where the person was still Ban for 5 years.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
Wow, that was harsh. I think its a honest mistake and if its well explained you should be good. Pray too.
My thoughts as well. because she sent a web form before CIC contact her.

Thank you, I am defiantly praying and asking God to do his thing.

Reactions: e-16