+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to include my passport size photo in the application ! Please help!

Leojongte

Jun 4, 2018
Hi everyone !
We submit our spousal sponsorship inland by mail today but forgot to include my passport size photo. It was a sheer mistake . But the mail is gone in Canada Post !!! Can't reverse the mail !! So I'm sending my photo the very next morning as soon as Canada Post open .

Please anyone knows if we can send it in a separate mail the next day? Will the CIC accept my photo ? I'm sure it will arrive the same day with the application form , if not, the next day at the least . Have anyone experience missing out something in the application and have to send it in a separate mail ?
Right now, I'm freaking out for being so careless !!

Will really appreciate any feedback or suggestions on this !
Thanks

yeshwanth.r88

Nov 23, 2012
It is better you send complete application KIT with photos again to CIC CPC-M office if you have all the right documents with you.

CIC(CPC Mississauga office) daily receives lot of mails and they do not open the envelope same day the clerk receives from Canada post. It may take upto 1-2 months for someone to validate all the documents as per the checklist . If all the documents are good they generate AOR else they send back complete application KIT back to your home address

Leojongte

Jun 4, 2018
I wish I can send the complete application kit at one time but it has gone in the mail . Now the only option we have is send the photo separately tomorrow morning ASAP along with the receipt of the application .
Actually our application was send back because we missed one signature in a background declaration form . So my photo was put in a small envelope which was stuck in the main package they send back and when I was going to throw away the package I saw my photo in a small envelope stuck in the package ! It was our mistake for not checking the returned package carefully !! Now I'm feeling so stupid and blaming myself for not being careful enough

Harmeet dhami

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
I wish I can send the complete application kit at one time but it has gone in the mail . Now the only option we have is send the photo separately tomorrow morning ASAP along with the receipt of the application .
Actually our application was send back because we missed one signature in a background declaration form . So my photo was put in a small envelope which was stuck in the main package they send back and when I was going to throw away the package I saw my photo in a small envelope stuck in the package ! It was our mistake for not checking the returned package carefully !! Now I'm feeling so stupid and blaming myself for not being careful enough
what you did after i send the mail at same day and did same mistake