+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Forgot to attach explanation letter.

kevinbryix10

Jun 8, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I just submitted my application this afternoon but I realized later today that I forgot to submit an explanation letter regarding the gap in my passport. Should I submit this document before CIC asks for it or should I wait for them?

Thank you so much!

jay2014

Jan 25, 2016
Hi there,

It wont hurt to send one.Besides they can have it on your file by the time you have your test and interview.. You should also keep a copy to take along with you on test day..

I had an explanation sent with mine for a missing passport but I gave a wrong year of loss. CBSA verification and fingerprint request was needed but didn't affect my timeline.

Good luck!!

kevinbryix10

Jun 8, 2016
jay2014 said:
Hi there,

It wont hurt to send one.Besides they can have it on your file by the time you have your test and interview.. You should also keep a copy to take along with you on test day..

I had an explanation sent with mine for a missing passport but I gave a wrong year of loss. CBSA verification and fingerprint request was needed but didn't affect my timeline.

Good luck!!

So you're saying I can send the explanation as a separate document even before they ask for it?

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My suggestion is to wait until you get the client number (identifier - UCI) in the AOR. This will give an info that your application is accepted as it passed the bare min checks by CIC. Then you can send the letter and it will be easier for them to update.

cecapplied

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i second this suggestion. this way it will be sure that the info you are providing makes into your file
ajithpl said:
My suggestion is to wait until you get the client number (identifier - UCI) in the AOR. This will give an info that your application is accepted as it passed the bare min checks by CIC. Then you can send the letter and it will be easier for them to update.

ranasahib

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
App. Filed.......
June 2016
Hey there,

you must send explanation letter as soon as possible, other wise they will return your application as incomplete. bec last year my application was returned i had the same mistake and its cost me to wait one year, in the same time rules was changed to 4 year that why i wait one hole year. if you are lucky they will attach your application with the the letter but in these days acknowledgement letter with in week.its mean if your letter will reach there before the first review its ok other wise your application will be return. so send them courier.

thanks

Hello Everyone,

I just submitted my application this afternoon but I realized later today that I forgot to submit an explanation letter regarding the gap in my passport. Should I submit this document before CIC asks for it or should I wait for them?

Thank you so much!

[/quote]

kevinbryix10

Jun 8, 2016
Update

So they returned my application. I submitted a new application today but I totally forgot to put my name on the back of the photo,is that a problem?

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Loulou79 said:
Where does it say to put your name on the back of the photos :(
Ok Have found it!!!Seriously, why do not write all the requirements on the checklist!!

Requirements
Provide two (2) identical citizenship photographs (except Renunciation applications, where only one (1) photo is required.)
Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.
Photographs must be printed on quality photographic paper.
Provide the name of the photographer or the studio, the studio address and the date the photos were taken on the back of the photos
Print the name of the person on the back of the photos.

roli001

Jul 29, 2015
Burlington
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kevinbryix10 said:
Update

So they returned my application. I submitted a new application today but I totally forgot to put my name on the back of the photo,is that a problem?
They will return your application. I also forgot to put the names of my family on our photos and we had the application returned. I estimate that I lost 6 weeks due to my error.

FYI...I received the package asking for new photos. I called CIC and asked if I could sign the original photos but I was told that I could not make any changes to the original application. I had to take new photos and send them along with the original package (including the original photos). Hope this info helps when you get your application back.

kevinbryix10

Jun 8, 2016
roli001 said:
They will return your application. I also forgot to put the names of my family on our photos and we had the application returned. I estimate that I lost 6 weeks due to my error.

FYI...I received the package asking for new photos. I called CIC and asked if I could sign the original photos but I was told that I could not make any changes to the original application. I had to take new photos and send them along with the original package (including the original photos). Hope this info helps when you get your application back.

Maybe because yours is a family application?mine's a single one,and I came across a thread with the same problem as me,but he said they ended up processing his
stuff anyway