+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Workers

Nino21

Nov 17, 2022
Help, I'm a professional ski coach. My employer received a positive LMIA response. I signed a contract for two years. While filling out the questions, I belong to the coaches and athletes section. My NOC is 5252. The application offered me to submit for an Open work permit. I paid the processing costs for Work permit, biometrics and Open work permit. I'm afraid I made a mistake when I submitted the Open Work permit. (it is allowed if you live in Canada and work, after 6 months you can apply for an open work permit) and for certain categories.

Should I notify the Canadian Embassy in Vienna by e-mail that I accidentally made a mistake?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Help, I'm a professional ski coach. My employer received a positive LMIA response. I signed a contract for two years. While filling out the questions, I belong to the coaches and athletes section. My NOC is 5252. The application offered me to submit for an Open work permit. I paid the processing costs for Work permit, biometrics and Open work permit. I'm afraid I made a mistake when I submitted the Open Work permit. (it is allowed if you live in Canada and work, after 6 months you can apply for an open work permit) and for certain categories.

Should I notify the Canadian Embassy in Vienna by e-mail that I accidentally made a mistake?
You apply for a closed work permit if you have a positive LMIA. You aren’t eligible for an open work permit.

Nino21

Nov 17, 2022
You apply for a closed work permit if you have a positive LMIA. You aren’t eligible for an open work permit.
I realized the mistake! The trainer category allows me to apply for an open work permit, but only after 6 months spent in Canada. That confused me.

Do you have any advice on what I can do now, I have already sent the application. Should I send an explanation to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I realized the mistake! The trainer category allows me to apply for an open work permit, but only after 6 months spent in Canada. That confused me.

Do you have any advice on what I can do now, I have already sent the application. Should I send an explanation to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna?
I would reapply.

amorapotter

Aug 30, 2023

You should send an email to the Canadian Embassy in Vienna explaining the situation. Be clear and concise in your communication, and provide all relevant details, such as your full name, application reference number (if available), and a description of the mistake you believe you made.
Embassy contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers, should be available on their official website. Use the official contact information provided on the official website to ensure your communication is legitimate. mapquest