+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Workers

PR2014

Jun 26, 2013
Hi there I am currently in the process of obtaining my PR in CEC. I want to open my own company and bring foreign workers from my country is that possible?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

PR2014 said:
Hi there I am currently in the process of obtaining my PR in CEC. I want to open my own company and bring foreign workers from my country is that possible?
The chances of getting LMOs for a new business without any employees is close to nil.

jamal20502

Mar 29, 2011
Foreign Workers need information

Dear all

i have some question because i want to go Canada. i need a jobs. but how can i get jobs and visa?
when i get jobs then how can i get LMO? LMO is complete getting visa or require more documents confirm me.
i need proper advice how can i get work visa in Canada?

wait for your reply and advice

Thanks for best regards
MAHAMUD

Sep 20, 2022
Hi, I came to Canada as a student in 2020 for a 2 years program. In march 2022 I got my Pgwp. I had put up a spouse opw application for my wife when I was still a student here in 2021, but her application wasn't picked up for more than a year and just 10 days after I got my WP they picked up her application and asked us to provide my job documents as per NOC and since I wasn't having a job then that would fall under NOC-B, my wife's application got rejected on those grounds. Currently I have got a job that meets the NOC requirements. We are planning on applying for Sopw. Can any one please throw some light on this situation, what conditions should I worrying about to avoid a rejection.
I was told by a few friends that since I haven't visited my wife in the last two years, it might cause problem. But 2020, 2021 due to covid there were a lot of travel restrictions, and I was a full time student, so I did not visit India, And after I got my WP I was searching for a job that would meet the noc requirements and just about a month I got a job, but I wont be able to travel now because of my probation period for 3 months.

My questions are,
1) can I give this explanation for not being able to visit my wife in India in the application form?
2) We are now planning to put up an application for her, since we meet all the requirements except for visiting each other, is it ok to go ahead and apply now or should I wait for some more time, visit her first and then apply?

If someone has experienced a similar situation, please share your exp, it would be appreciated.

AlyOfficial13

Aug 22, 2023
Good day!

Hello everyone, I am on a Visitor Visa I came here on June 21, 2023. I already have an employer that is willing to give me a job here in Canada. I just wanted to know if It is required to get an open work permit or an LMIA exemption title, I will be working as a Nursing Assistant in one of the nursing homes around Riverview NB I do have an Offer of Employment Letter from my employer. And If it is required what are the requirements for it?

I want to help my employer to get an offer of employment number but it seems they are confused about how to apply for it and even I am a little confused about too.

I do need your help! Have a wonderful week.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day!

Hello everyone, I am on a Visitor Visa I came here on June 21, 2023. I already have an employer that is willing to give me a job here in Canada. I just wanted to know if It is required to get an open work permit or an LMIA exemption title, I will be working as a Nursing Assistant in one of the nursing homes around Riverview NB I do have an Offer of Employment Letter from my employer. And If it is required what are the requirements for it?

I want to help my employer to get an offer of employment number but it seems they are confused about how to apply for it and even I am a little confused about too.

I do need your help! Have a wonderful week.
As mentioned in my other post, your employer needs to pay $1k and file for a LMIA proving no one can do the job but you. A job offer is not enough. So the employer must show that the job has been posted on JobBank and other sites with no applicants and meet the median wage for the region. The employer is not eligible for LMIA exemption. Once the employer files, then you wait for approval. If approved, you apply for a closed work permit showing your experience, education and language skills.

Not sure how you are eligible for LMIA exemption or open work permit.

Or if the employer is a designated employer, you apply for PR through the AIP program if you are eligible. Or look at NB PNP programs.

None of these options allow you to work anytime soon.

Last edited:

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
Hello guys, I need help!
I got 2 years closed work permit and intrested in applying for my spouse and kids (Pakistan). Hence, looking for some below mentioned answers.
1- Which format I have to use for applying. IRCC & GCKEY. (IRCC could not find open work permit category)
2- Application form has to be submitted under visitor visa or directly applying for open work permit visa.
3- IRCC, asking for how many days she will be visiting in Canada?

rvndrisngh540

Feb 3, 2024
Can anyone clarify me about how many hours we can work on open work permit? My friend is working 40hours week in daytime for one employer and 40 hours per week at night time for another employer. He totally works 80 hours per week. Is it legel or will he face problems at the time of PR application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Can anyone clarify me about how many hours we can work on open work permit? My friend is working 40hours week in daytime for one employer and 40 hours per week at night time for another employer. He totally works 80 hours per week. Is it legel or will he face problems at the time of PR application?
No limits