+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign workers

norwie18

Feb 26, 2009
hi, im willing to take a caregiving course, do you think it will help me to get easily enter canada as a foreign worker? is it safe to apply through internet?

yet_banela

Mar 5, 2009
hi. I just want to share an insight with you.. okidoki.. first of all, you have to really think of taking the caregiving course. I know that it will bring you lots of money when it is converted to your contry's currency but, you have to make sure that you can swallow any pride hidden wherever in yourself. Since caregiving here in canada to the worst case possible will transform you to an all around helper if you are not being careful. If you wanted to have a good caregiving job try to find for an american/canadian employer- their the best employers because they are straightforward and would not abuse you unlike other people, unless they see any potential in you that they can manipulate.

If you want to be a citizen here in Canada, you have to work for atleast 3years, and then you can have the Permanent Resident Card. Then only after 2/3 years more that you can be able to apply as a citizen. Most caregiving jobs here pays the minumum wage of around 8-8.75. But if you are lucky and have the patience to browse the web to look for employer or a sponsor, you can be able to find a salary per hour of $14-15.

try to look at craiglist.com..there are tons in there. there are tons in ontario that seeks for someone to sponsor, and i would recommend that province since their health care system is so good and they would not ask you to pay for any unlike other province. Also, if you want to look for jobs here in canada it is best to search directly at yahoo.ca....then it will lead you to lots of links from here.

Good Luck to your job search..take care

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to work for 3 years to apply for PR. You have to work for 2 years, then you can apply for PR and open work permit. After you become PR, you need to live in Canada another 2 years then you can apply for citizenship (it's 3 year for people who are PR when they arrive, 2 for you because you were already in Canada 2+ years before becoming PR).

Ontario will not charge you for health care, that is true. They do however charge you 8% provincial sales tax. In Alberta, you do not pay for health care either and you also don't pay any provincial sales tax.

Sep 20, 2022
Hi, I came to Canada as a student in 2020 for a 2 years program. In march 2022 I got my Pgwp. I had put up a spouse opw application for my wife when I was still a student here in 2021, but her application wasn't picked up for more than a year and just 10 days after I got my WP they picked up her application and asked us to provide my job documents as per NOC and since I wasn't having a job then that would fall under NOC-B, my wife's application got rejected on those grounds. Currently I have got a job that meets the NOC requirements. We are planning on applying for Sopw. Can any one please throw some light on this situation, what conditions should I worrying about to avoid a rejection.
I was told by a few friends that since I haven't visited my wife in the last two years, it might cause problem. But 2020, 2021 due to covid there were a lot of travel restrictions, and I was a full time student, so I did not visit India, And after I got my WP I was searching for a job that would meet the noc requirements and just about a month I got a job, but I wont be able to travel now because of my probation period for 3 months.

My questions are,
1) can I give this explanation for not being able to visit my wife in India in the application form?
2) We are now planning to put up an application for her, since we meet all the requirements except for visiting each other, is it ok to go ahead and apply now or should I wait for some more time, visit her first and then apply?

If someone has experienced a similar situation, please share your exp, it would be appreciated.