+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Workers From Namibia (Africa)

Christa

Dec 10, 2008
Just a question or two for all the experts on this forum ...

I’m from Namibia, 43 years old and currently a manager at a hospitality establishment here in Namibia. I only hold a Grade 10 High School Certificate but are studying presently to complete Grade 12.

I have no recognised diplomas or degrees (only have certificates & diplomas that was issued by my employer for successfully completing in-house training programs), but I do have many years of valuable management skills and experience in the hospitality and retail industries. If I do manage to secure a job offer under the low skilled or under pressure categories etc, will Canadian Immigration refuse to grant me a work permit due to not having completed High School although I have more than 20 years of working experience in my field?

As Namibians we are allowed to travel to Canada without applying for a Temporary Resident Visa at our local Canadian High Commission as these are issued to us on arrival in Canada. Are we allowed to do job hunting while in Canada, and if so can we apply for a work permit within Canada if we should receive a job offer?

Your valuable advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Christa

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Even the semi skilled program require a MINIMUM of a high school education or its equivalent,Get the High school Diploma equivalent