+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign workers and hotel quarantine?

maurelo23

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
Hello people,

Does anybody know if this mandatory hotel quarantine is ONLY for people travelling for NON ESSENTIAL such as vacations? Or foreign workers coming back to Canada for essential purposes are still falling under the hotel quarantine too?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello people,

Does anybody know if this mandatory hotel quarantine is ONLY for people travelling for NON ESSENTIAL such as vacations? Or foreign workers coming back to Canada for essential purposes are still falling under the hotel quarantine too?
We don't know. Detailed information hasn't been published yet. There will be some exceptions but we don't know how they will define essential travel.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello people,

Think the word essential is confusing people. Essential tends to be people whose work requires them crossing the border regularly like pilots, people who work right across the border and can't work remotely, etc. The goal is to make sure that variants aren't spreading as well as stopping unnecessary travel. If you exclude groups like wp holders, families reunifying, international students, etc. you are excluding a large number of people entering Canada defeating the purpose of the quarantine rules. Would assume you will need to pay for the quarantine hotel unless proven otherwise.

Dong Qian

Feb 8, 2021
Hello people,

Hi, as a foreign worker, if I need to transfer at the Vancouver Airport to Montreal, so I booked a hotel in Vancouver or my destination? Also, no information can be found.

Dong Qian

Feb 8, 2021
Hi, as a foreign worker, if I need to transfer at the Vancouver Airport to Montreal, so I booked a hotel in Vancouver or my destination? Also, no information can be found.
Just found the online information. It should be the place where I entered Canada for the first time.

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
So anyone was able to call the helpline and inquire about the prices of hotels in Toronto? Please share details. I tried calling but was past the call window which is 8am-11pm ( don't know which standard time so assuming it's Ottawa)

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
Anyone travelling from Del to Toronto Air India on 3rd Apr and looking to share Hotel room..Kindly let me know...

phaijalkhan

Oct 4, 2019
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
02-03-2023
They aren’t going to let you share a room with someone while you quarantine.
Please don't provide incorrect information without any basis. You can infact quarantine together if you are travelling together on the same flight.
The only ambiguity is whether you can split after the 3 days quarantine. Ideally no. If you are travelling together you should quarantine for all 14 days together.

So @amit202 yes if you can find someone to travel with you go ahead, but quarantine for all the 14 days together or the CBSA officer might red flag this.

Reactions: amit202 and scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
They aren’t going to let you share a room with someone while you quarantine.
You can in fact share a room. People on this forum have done it.

Reactions: amit202

amit202

Aug 27, 2017
ok...thanks
Please don't provide incorrect information without any basis. You can infact quarantine together if you are travelling together on the same flight.
The only ambiguity is whether you can split after the 3 days quarantine. Ideally no. If you are travelling together you should quarantine for all 14 days together.

So @amit202 yes if you can find someone to travel with you go ahead, but quarantine for all the 14 days together or the CBSA officer might red flag this.
Thanks @phaijalkhan