+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

foreign worker inquiry

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hello guys i am new here and i have some questions , i am hoping some of you guys here respond positively . i am a prospective immigrant hoping to come into canada as a foreign worker , i looked up jobbank and workingincanada.gc.ca and i found some basic jobs that caught my attention , so i decided to contact jobbank at jobbank@workingincanada.gc.ca and i got this response

"Dear client,

Thank you for your enquiry.

To respond to your question, yes it could be possible for you to find a job while still being in your country. To do so, we strongly recommend you to visit your embassy. Most of the time, when an employer wants to hire a foreign worker, he would get in contact with the embassy of that specific country. Therefore, your embassy could be able to put you in contact with a possible employer or simply give you information on job opportunities in Canada. You can also visit our website and apply to job posting that interest you. Unfortunately some employer might reject your application because they are mostly looking for Canadian workers. A good tip for you would be to find job posting that interest you and instead of sending them your resume, to just send them an email that explains your situation. If they're interested , they will definitely write back and let you know the stages to be followed.

We hope this information was beneficial to you and we wish you good luck in your job search "

then i went ahead to contact ontario.ca(just for more info) and they responded positively also
"Thank you for your inquiry. You will have to do a job search that
matches your qualifications and interest. The federal government's
specific job posting will list a job number; type of employment
(part-time/full-time); salary; location; qualification and they will
have an e-mail address. This is where you can either send them your
resume or e-mail them to tell them of your situation.

The job bank also has valuable information with respect to resume
writing, job search tips, job-matching etc.

I hope this has been of some assistance to you.

OntarioImmigration.ca"

I would like to know what you guys think , do i go ahead to send a mail to the employer's explaining my situation ?? ..

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I think it depends a lot on the occupation and your fit with the job requirements. I would just apply - they are right, your application might be rejected right away - but I think in most cases, if you asked the employer before submitting an application, they would not discourage you directly. . . but be prepared to do a lot of work.

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
that was quick .. so jes_ON you think i should go ahead and contact the employers ?? and when you say be prepared to do a lot of work .... how exactly ?

marforicv

Oct 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just give it a try. There is no harm in trying. The web is a big help but writing personally to a prospective employer will make a lot of difference. I don't think the embassy can help you much. It is not the function of embassies to provide jobs.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
stanone said:
that was quick .. so jes_ON you think i should go ahead and contact the employers ?? and when you say be prepared to do a lot of work .... how exactly ?
I think you should follow the application instructions and just apply. If you contact them without applying, I don't know how many will say "We are not interested in a foreigner" (even if it's true).

Lot of work = lots and lots of applications

stanone

Star Member
Oct 1, 2010
Hmmm.....would go at it anyway . also do you know of any one or has any one applied this way ??