+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
Hi there! I submit my profile for Canadian Experience Class - Express Entry. I have foreign work experience in a government company as Social Welfare Assistant for 5 years. I have proof of employment such as Certificate of Employment, pay stubs, Position description, written explanation why they can't provide a Certificate shows the position equivalency (Social and community service workers) and other forms. Do you think this will be enough proof? I didn't include the foreign work experience on my profile.

Thanks,

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi there! I submit my profile for Canadian Experience Class - Express Entry. I have foreign work experience in a government company as Social Welfare Assistant for 5 years. I have proof of employment such as Certificate of Employment, pay stubs, Position description, written explanation why they can't provide a Certificate shows the position equivalency (Social and community service workers) and other forms. Do you think this will be enough proof? I didn't include the foreign work experience on my profile.

Thanks,
Is this experience gained in Canada?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
No, if you look at the title it's Foreign work experience. In terms of work experience in Canada, I'm currently working since 2020 and gain the 1 year experience with completed 1,560 hours. Please read again my first post. My question is about my Foreign work experience, if the documents I mentioned above are enough proof when I include that foreign work experience on my profile to have extra points.

Last edited:

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
No, if you look at the title it's Foreign work experience. In terms of work experience in Canada, I'm currently working since 2020 and gain the 1 year experience with completed 1,560 hours. Please read again my first post. My question is about my Foreign work experience, if the documents I mentioned above are enough proof when I include that foreign work experience on my profile to have extra points.
You said in your first post that you submitted profile for "Canadian Experience Class". Hence, I asked for clarification if you were asking for your work experience if done in Canada. Please check your first post again.

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
Yes, I submitted my profile on Express Entry through CEC. But that's not my concern. Look at the title also. Coz I can't get a reference letter from my foreign work experience that has a position equivalency in Canada based on TEER code.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Yes, I submitted my profile on Express Entry through CEC. But that's not my concern. Look at the title also. Coz I can't get a reference letter from my foreign work experience that has a position equivalency in Canada based on TEER code.
Well, if you are applying through CEC, then your concern should only be your Canadian work experience... Unless, you are also applying for FSW.

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
I'm not applying for FSW. My question now, can I include the foreign work experience on my profile even if my previous employer can't give me a certification that shows the position equivalency? I have proof of employment from them such as Certificate of Employment, pay stubs, Position description, written explanation why they can't provide a Certificate shows the position equivalency in Canada as Social and community service workers. Do you think those documents will be enough and accepted to gain additional score on my profile?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
I'm not applying for FSW. My question now, can I include the foreign work experience on my profile even if my previous employer can't give me a certification that shows the position equivalency? I have proof of employment from them such as Certificate of Employment, pay stubs, Position description, written explanation why they can't provide a Certificate shows the position equivalency in Canada as Social and community service workers. Do you think those documents will be enough and accepted to gain additional score on my profile?
You can include anything, a long as you have documentary proof.

You can try the CRS calculator and play around a bit to see if you gain additional points or not:

https://ircc.canada.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
I tried it, additional 50 points. Will they be strict with foreign work experience if my apply is through CEC? On the reference letter there's no number of hours mentioned but on the paystub it shows 15th and 30th salary.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Can't say for sure... Totally IRCC's call.