+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience

Bharath.9591

Jan 5, 2023
Hello, I am planning to apply PR this month, I have 11month 12days foreign work experience in India and 1 year work experience in canada. Can I get the points for foreign work experience with 11month 12days work experience?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello, I am planning to apply PR this month, I have 11month 12days foreign work experience in India and 1 year work experience in canada. Can I get the points for foreign work experience with 11month 12days work experience?
No, that is not a year of foreign work experience. A year is minimum of 12 months.

Bharath.9591

Jan 5, 2023
No. you don't have a year. Not unless you ask your employer to lie and change your letter to one year of experience. And change your paystubs too.
The problem here is when I applied for study permit, I used this experience in my profile. Can I change it now if my employer okay with that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The problem here is when I applied for study permit, I used this experience in my profile. Can I change it now if my employer okay with that?
So you want to lie and misrepresent yourself and change your foreign work experience with your employer's help. Tell your employer to change the accounting on the books to so salary is documented. IRCC can cross check. Your call. Good luck.

Bharath.9591

Jan 5, 2023
So you want to lie and misrepresent yourself and change your foreign work experience with your employer's help. Tell your employer to change the accounting on the books to so salary is documented. IRCC can cross check. Your call. Good luck.
I know it won’t be possible but small hope .Can I do it with the help of employer because previously I used this experience while applying for study permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I know it won’t be possible but small hope .Can I do it with the help of employer because previously I used this experience while applying for study permit.
Again if you are willing to have your employer lie for you then your choice. IRCC can cross check.

denuka

Jul 8, 2019
Again if you are willing to have your employer lie for you then your choice. IRCC can cross check.

I have a problem similar to this highly appreciate if you can give me an advise

I am going to apply through CEC and I’m on Lmia based work permit and initially came as an international student.

I have 3 years and 1 months foreign work experience but when I apply for student visa and work permit I showed only 2 year and 10 months
Of work experiences. I did not show my 3 months experience as it is just 3 months in a company. Now I want to claim full points for foreign experience.
when I apply for PR can I include that 3 month’s experience too that I did not show when apply for student visa and work permit? would it be a problem if I show it now?

siris25

May 26, 2024
Hi,

I was working part-time in a company from June 2022 to April 2024. I completed my studies in December 2022 and continued working there after applying for my PGWP and later receiving my PGWP.

So, can I show my experience from June 2022 to December 2022 during my study permit separately and my remaining experience from Jan 2023 to April 2024 as a work permit holder separately while submitting an express entry profile? Even though it was continuous work.

Advice would be appreciated.