+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience while studying

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Dear all,

I have three years foreign work experience while studying full-time. I read that Canadian work experience whilst studying cannot be considered for the Express Entry Program. Could you please guide me if the same holds true for foreign work experience?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's true only for study inside Canada. You can count experience acquired while studying full-time outside Canada.

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Thank you very much. I should go ahead with my application now :). Could you please post a link explaining this issue further?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no link which establishes this either positively or negatively. CIC explicitly disallows only work experience gained while being a full-time student inside Canada and say nothing about work experience gained while being a full-time student outside Canada.

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hmm, I got it. Have you observed any previous cases where foreign work while studying was considered positively?

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomzie said:
Hmm, I got it. Have you observed any previous cases where foreign work while studying was considered positively?
I know few cases.
I did research while i was submitting application.
All of them have ppr

adi1989

Jan 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
But all of them including me had a brief tenure of working and studying simultaneously.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomzie said:
There is no positive or negative. Either it counts or it doesn't. If you have 0.5 years of foreign work experience before graduating and 2.5 years after graduating, it counts as 3 years and gives you maximum CRS points for work experience.

Reactions: sam3218

nomzie

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
alex_dinou said:
There is no positive or negative. Either it counts or it doesn't. If you have 0.5 years of foreign work experience before graduating and 2.5 years after graduating, it counts as 3 years and gives you maximum CRS points for work experience.
I know the foreign work experience before or after the degree counts but does it count during degree. I was in a government job during my MPhil degree and I have all requisite documents to support my work experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nomzie said:
I know the foreign work experience before or after the degree counts but does it count during degree. I was in a government job during my MPhil degree and I have all requisite documents to support my work experience.
It counts if it was done outside Canada.