+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience showing lesser points in my Express Entry Profile

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

I have 10 yrs of skilled experience in NOC code 2172 with CLB level 7 then why "Foreign Work Experience" is showing 13 points in my profile wherein it should have been 25 points?
In my work experience section i have specified all my work exp. from 2005 onwards and work exp. with current company is from 2011 till date. Not sure where it's wrong. Will appreciate your inputs!

Thanks,
Vivek

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
As far as I know, IELTS results heavily influence points from work experience. When you cross some specific margin with IELTS score, you get half of the points for your work experience.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Check the details here for Ministerial Instructions about EE http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

Also, what is the breakup of your IELTS score? Maybe that will give a hint.

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Here is my IELTS breakup:

Listening => 7
Speaking => 7
Reading => 6
Writing => 6

Thanks,
Vivek

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Hi,

I think i fall in below after checking para 23 from the link:

(d) 25 points, if the foreign national has three years of foreign work experience and is assessed overall in their first official language at level 7 on all language skill areas, with one or more areas assessed at less than level 9;

Please let me know if i am missing something between the lines.

thanks for bearing with me!!

--Vivek

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is talking about CLB Level and not IELTS bands. The 2 are different - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

You should consider retaking your IELTS to score higher and increase your CRS score - at this score it will be a long wait for an ITA. All the best!

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Yes, i understand that i should retake IELTS for better results and will do that but i fail to understand when i have CLB 7 (IELTS all 6 means CLB 7, correct me if wrong) and work exp. of more than 3 years then i should get 25 points not 13? I am sure i am missing something and trying to figure that out!!

Thanks,
Vivek

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivekgupta15 said:
Yes, i understand that i should retake IELTS for better results and will do that but i fail to understand when i have CLB 7 (IELTS all 6 means CLB 7, correct me if wrong) and work exp. of more than 3 years then i should get 25 points not 13? I am sure i am missing something and trying to figure that out!!

Thanks,
Vivek
Vivekji, there is absolutely no problems with your IELTS. You have CLB 7 for all the four sections.

The problem might be while filling the EE application. Refill the work history section once again.

vivekgupta15

Dec 28, 2014
Niravk,

Thanks. i figured out the problem. In "Hours per week" i entered 8 hrs keeping in mind 8 hrs per day but it should have been 40 hrs per week :) My bad.
Thanks to everyone who replied back.

--Vivek