+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Work Experience Points

spromit

May 21, 2024
Hello Everyone! I am seeking for your guidance with applying for PR.

I have completed my Bachelors from a Canadian University and have completed 1 of work experience under TEER 1 job. Before coming to Canada, I took a gap year in between finishing my highschool and starting my university and worked full time a TEER 2/ TEER 3 job in my home country. Can I claim foreign work experience points based on my uninterrupted work with proper documentation and paystubs?

I am confused as it is within the last 10 years but it falls under a different TEER. Some work might overlap with TEER 1 as well, but I dont have proper education requirement for it.

Thanks

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone! I am seeking for your guidance with applying for PR.

I am completed my Bachelors from a Canadian University and have completed 1 of work experience under TEER 1 job. Before coming to Canada, I took a gap year in between finishing my highschool and starting my university and worked full time a TEER 2/ TEER 3 job in my home country. Can I claim foreign work experience points based on my uninterrupted work with proper documentation and paystubs?

I am confused as it is within the last 10 years but it falls under a different TEER. Some work might overlap with TEER 1 as well, but I dont have proper education requirement for it.

Thanks
If it was continuous , full time and in one NOC you should be able to claim it.

Raghav Vermani

Feb 11, 2018
If it was continuous , full time and in one NOC you should be able to claim it.
Can you declare an employment in your express entry, which was never declared prior in your study and work permit applications?

I have supporting document such as bank statement, pay stubs and joining and leaving letter.