+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience (part time)

mimistry

Jul 22, 2015
Toronto
Case:

I have Part time foreign work experience( 20 hr a week for 1.7 yr ) during full time university study.
and I have CEC 1 year experience too.

So Is this foreign work experience valuable? can I use it in EE profile? It counts or it doesnt count?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimistry said:
Case:

I have Part time foreign work experience( 20 hr a week for 1.7 yr ) during full time university study.
and I have CEC 1 year experience too.

So Is this foreign work experience valuable? can I use it in EE profile?
Yes. It will count as just over 1 year of foreign work experience.

mimistry

Jul 22, 2015
Toronto
Asivad Anac said:
Yes. It will count as just over 1 year of foreign work experience.

Hello Asivad, Are you sure? I want to make sure my scenario again.

I have 1.7 year of part time foreign work experience. (20 hr a week) with reference experience letter.

Now I have 1 year Canadian Exp. Now I will put 0 fund availability, and mean while I read following post from immigration cic site.

""""""(7) For the purposes of this section,

(a) a period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study is not to be included in calculating a period of work experience;""""""""

-------------
I created my EE profile now, and entering this foreign exp. gaving me 26 points...
so total 422 points right now.

So If this is something system error, I will lose everything, so that's why I want to confirm from some expert guy like you.
------------

So what is this 7(a) then?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is talking about work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada. Your work experience (acquired along with full-time study) is eligible for EE provided it was acquired outside Canada.

mimistry

Jul 22, 2015
Toronto
Asivad Anac said:
That is talking about work experience gained while you were a full-time student in Canada. Your work experience (acquired along with full-time study) is eligible for EE provided it was acquired outside Canada.
HI Asivad Anac

You are genius! I assume and Are you robot!! really you are giving my answer that I was searching from 1 month.!!
I called CIC they dont answer !! you are excellent, is there any way to appreciate you!!? seriously !

adeelcis

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
I have 4 years of Bachelor Degree (BBA) outside canada and during my study period, i was also working part-time (paid) 20Hr/week for 4 continuous years. Can i count this work experience in my EE Profile - FSWP?