+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience On cash

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hello all,
I have an question regarding ‘foreign work experience’ in last 10 years.
-I had worked in past in my home country that comes under NOC B after my secondary education for 1 year in 2011
-unfortunately, I did not mention that in my study permit and work permit since I was not aware that it would be of any importance, neither my representative asked me for.
- Now I’m gonna apply through EE for my permanent residency and that work experience add some points to make my profile stronger.
-So am I still eligible to declare that work in express entry profile?
-Moreover, I have an experience letter and pay slips regarding that work but i got paid in cash.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hello all,
I have an question regarding ‘foreign work experience’ in last 10 years.
-I had worked in past in my home country that comes under NOC B after my secondary education for 1 year in 2011
-unfortunately, I did not mention that in my study permit and work permit since I was not aware that it would be of any importance, neither my representative asked me for.
- Now I’m gonna apply through EE for my permanent residency and that work experience add some points to make my profile stronger.
-So am I still eligible to declare that work in express entry profile?
-Moreover, I have an experience letter and pay slips regarding that work but i got paid in cash.
It's fine if you were paid in Cash as long as your employer is willing to give you a reference letter and pay stubs and respond to verification email if they get one.

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Thank you for your response.
But I didn’t mention that experience in my previous applications like study permit, work permit. Is that fine or misrepresentation?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have to be careful, others in your position have received a procedural fairness letter regarding not disclosing their work experience in previous applications, one of which was charged for misrepresentation.

If you are going to claim this work experience do make sure you have the proper documentation to be able prove 100% that you worked at such company.

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
You have to be careful, others in your position have received a procedural fairness letter regarding not disclosing their work experience in previous applications, one of which was charged for misrepresentation.

If you are going to claim this work experience do make sure you have the proper documentation to be able prove 100% that you worked at such company.
I can provide reference letter, pay slips and perhaps tax return of that specific year. That’s all I can provide since it’s been about 8 years.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
And should I include LOE?
Yes, you should explain your documents in your LOE. But, as DelPiero said, you need to be careful and might have to provide an explanation on why you didn't mention about it earlier, otherwise, it could end up as misrepresentation. Btw, how many points are you getting if you do not include that work experience?

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Yes, you should explain your documents in your LOE. But, as DelPiero said, you need to be careful and might have to provide an explanation on why you didn't mention about it earlier, otherwise, it could end up as misrepresentation. Btw, how many points are you getting if you do not include that work experience?
I’m getting 442 CRS.

Vivekverma202

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
If you add them, you need to prepared with an explanation regarding why you didn't mention this work experience earlier. [along with supporting documents].
I think I should not include that then as I’m getting mixed response from people. Better off I do not put my profile on edge!
Thanks for helping. Appreciated!

BLACKPILL

Star Member
Jun 8, 2019

Hello Sir, I have come across your comment and I wish to get some advice from you if possible. In 2015 I had 2.5 months office assistant job (NOC B) in summer before I came to Canada for study (I just graduated high school and I was 18), didn't declare it as it was insignificant. In 2016 I went back to my home country and worked as a lab tech for 2.5 months in summer (summer break from school) and I didn't declare it in permit application. I have pay stubs, work experience letters stamped by employer, and a notarized copy in English of business license of the company in I was working for. I now have another skilled job opportunity in my country and I wish to use the previous work exp to make up for 1 year of foreign work experience (I mean by working that new job for 7 months) to get CRS points in EE. Everything can be notarized by my hometown government to boost credibility of my work exp. As I have said I didn't declare them back then because they were insignificant and everything is logical( short term summer job after high school grad, summer job during summer break, the work exp is legit, I was young and dumb etc), should I be worried about adding them? What should I do in this case to avoid being charged for misinterpretation? Thank you so much!