+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign work experience different NOC's

al3910

Apr 2, 2018
I completed one NOC B job for 11 months and one week. Then changed to another role for 3 months different NOC B. Will the count for 12 months foreign work experience or not?. Anyone any guidelines on this? Cant find anything online .

al3910

Apr 2, 2018
It depends on the situation.

If this is the only foreign work experience you have and you need it to qualify for FSW, it won’t count. To meet the minimum requirement, it needs to be continuous for at least 1 year (52 weeks) and in one NOC only.

If you only want to use the foreign work experience to gain points under the CRS, it will count.
No, its for CRS sorry :). Do you know, if there anything online to show this regarding foreign work experience for CRS? Been looking everywhere on the Canadian Gov website.

al3910

Apr 2, 2018
See below - relevant sections highlighted in green.

"Foreign work experience

(1) For the purposes of sections 23 and 24, foreign work experience is work experience that

• (a) is acquired by a foreign national outside Canada in one or more occupations listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;
  • (b) consists of full-time work experience, or the full-time equivalent for part-time work experience, with one or more employers;
  • (c) is acquired within the 10-year period preceding the day on which points are assigned to the foreign national under section 23 or subsection 24(1); and
  • (d) is remunerated by the payment of wages or a commission."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system/current.html
Thanks so much! :)

Lotfi NB

May 17, 2020
Hi, I'm a yard planner in a company who manage a container port and work with management system, I can't find my noc please help me.
This is some of my duties:
  • Ensure container decking is planned to follow strictly the set yard strategy.
  • Maintain all yard planning related parameters /settings in the Terminal Operating System (TOS) to ensure smooth execution of operations.
  • Responsible daily for ensuring that proper plan is set for the yard operation to run in a manner that achieves maximum productivity and efficiency, with 100% system integrity as it relates to equipment location.
  • Reduce unproductive moves to the bear minimum required.
* Monitor and fine-tune the terminal operating system to ensure that yard planning is satisfactory and meets the strategy requirements

Reactions: Misra fahad