+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Trained Dentists in Canada

Aug 28, 2012
dentistcanada said:
Dear All members

please join me here if anyone wan to become a dentist in Canada.....as it can be very time consuming and challenging for us after many years of study again......but i think it's worth to pursue your dream to become a dentist rather than just being settled for a odd/ entry level job in Canada....

so, let's network and stay in touch and let's try our best to help each other to become and work as a dentist in our dream land......

Yours sincerely
Nusrat
HEllo dr. nusrat
I m aforiegn trained dentist from india completed my graduation this year in 2012. I had been told that i should do a small program of study in canada may be of 1 year or so in canada to get myself in canada and there i can stay and prepare myself to crack the licencing exam. Please suggest what should i do.

Aug 28, 2012
anil04_10 said:
Good Idea ...... but instead of posting your views in this thread ...rather we should mail/PM each other and form a group ..... since the thread may always go to 2nd or 3rd page, if no one posts even for a day .... :eek:

Cheers, Anil
Hello sir,
I m a dentist here in india and want to practice dentistry in canada. I m aware of the examination procedure in canada. need your assistance for the same. If you can guide me how to reach canada and prepare myself there for the exams and clear it.

Aug 28, 2012
jignesh79 said:
Your inbox is full. Please clear it.
Hello sir,
I m a dentist in india and want to practice in canada . so can you please guide me how should i do it. I m aware about the licensing exam in canada and want to crack it by going in canada and cracking it and also want to take my pr there in canada. Do focus some light on this if u have anything on it

shane143ish

Feb 21, 2013
brother please tell me, what i have to do , my wife in pakistan she is dentist here and fcps trainee so what she has to do become a dnetiest in canada?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi seems this forum has been inactive for a while, I am a permed net resident in canada and I am finishing from dentistry in nigeria this year. How do we become licensed

ladodo

Jul 25, 2012
Hello FTD forumite,

I think this is a great idea and i am totally in for this,i am a resident in dentistry in nigeria.I am planning to move to canada next year,presently in the late stages of my FSW immigration processing.

I can see that most of the thought around practising in canada is via going the route of series of exams.....starting from AFK to the NDEB.

Please anyone with information about the possibilities of getting addmitted into one of this international training PROGRAMMS for foreign trained dentist in some school of dentistry,i dont mind investing 2years of my stay in canada trying to get a DDS through these programms,anyone with useful information about this please kindly share on this thread... thanks.

dr sonal

May 30, 2013
hello, I wanted to know that we can get license by passing NDEB, right or do we have to complete two years of DMD or DDS just like US! One of my friends was saying that the rule of getting direct license through NDEB is changed from today. So please tell whats the current scenerio.

nimmuarjun

Feb 6, 2013
Hi everybody.. I am a BDS graduate looking forward to immigrate to canada. Do I have any other options of working there other than doing DDS?

Haiderzaidi

Sep 12, 2014
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Salams Dr Nusrat & all other members.

My wife is Dentist from Pakistan, No clue how this new system is working.

Would you guys please advise if it worth applying? I heard its kinda draw system & a turn could take years & years. Is that true ?

moonstar

Jul 31, 2015
hey,

I am moving to canada under immigration and i am a foreign trained dentist with a lot of experience and masters degree. Please guide me how to proceed upon reaching canada ?

Abhigul

Mar 7, 2016
Hello friends ,

Few questions : please suggest .

Is 2 year study programme compulsory to get the dentist Licence ? Whats the alternative to get the Dentist License as early as possible ?

What are the other alternatives for dentist to earn in Canada if license is getting delayed ? Is any license also required to work as Assistant Dentist or Technician or oral hygienist or Dentist Receptionist ?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Abhigul said:
Hello friends ,

Few questions : please suggest .

Is 2 year study programme compulsory to get the dentist Licence ? Whats the alternative to get the Dentist License as early as possible ?

What are the other alternatives for dentist to earn in Canada if license is getting delayed ? Is any license also required to work as Assistant Dentist or Technician or oral hygienist or Dentist Receptionist ?
two years study is not compulsory if you pass the AFK with minimum score of 75 , you can go ahead and write the ACS. ASJ. please google NDEB for non accredited

the earliest is roughly two years which each path you choose , going to USA is also an alternative

in some provinces except quebec and ontario. dental assisting is regulated, you can use your foreign degree to write the exam and also CPE google NDAEB.ca

i didnt have access to information and found everything on my own even though i also asked questions up there but i am happy to share dear forumites dont let us be selfish with information. we are all in this together learn to share what you know that can benefit others.

Dr.Abrar

Apr 22, 2018
Hi....all friends,
I'm dr Abrar ,from India,I'm practicing hea since 5 years, m doing my fellow ship in implant ology n my mastership in prosthodontics and full mouth rehab by 2019,though I had the dream of pursuing DDS n settle in Canada long back but..I had to wait for many things but by god's mercy m at a position to retrieve my goals though suspended before..now I will to do it..., little confused Wer to start but seeing the confidence we all should make it...gud luck to all...n yes let's all prepare together...keep in touch ,all...from choosing university to part time jobs,assesment exams n nbed to DDS... everything thing is possible if we have the will... remember thing is hard before it's easy

DR007

Aug 27, 2018
two years study is not compulsory if you pass the AFK with minimum score of 75 , you can go ahead and write the ACS. ASJ. please google NDEB for non accredited

the earliest is roughly two years which each path you choose , going to USA is also an alternative

in some provinces except quebec and ontario. dental assisting is regulated, you can use your foreign degree to write the exam and also CPE google NDAEB.ca

i didnt have access to information and found everything on my own even though i also asked questions up there but i am happy to share dear forumites dont let us be selfish with information. we are all in this together learn to share what you know that can benefit others.
Looking for AFK test studying material! Thanks!