+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Skilled Worker Experience

Fasiha

Jan 15, 2019
Hi!
Will my work will be counted for minimum criteria to enter Express entry(FSW) pool based in the following senerio?
I worked for an employer remotely in my own country(I am citizen of that country) continuously for 1 year.
Pay slips, experience letter is available, as well as the proof that filed taxes in my own country.
During that 1 year, I stayed in my own country(where the employer is based) for 4.5 months. I was in Canada for the rest of the time(On the post graduate work permit).
My work experience does not overlaps with my study duration, I started working after completing my studies.
I do not wish it to be counted as Canadian experience(As I know it will not be counted as that)
I just want to be counted towards the minimum requirement to enter FSW express entry pool even if I don't get CRS points for it.
I have good profile with job offer in Canada, I can do well without these CRS points too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!
Will my work will be counted for minimum criteria to enter Express entry(FSW) pool based in the following senerio?
I worked for an employer remotely in my own country(I am citizen of that country) continuously for 1 year.
Pay slips, experience letter is available, as well as the proof that filed taxes in my own country.
During that 1 year, I stayed in my own country(where the employer is based) for 4.5 months. I was in Canada for the rest of the time(On the post graduate work permit).
My work experience does not overlaps with my study duration, I started working after completing my studies.
I do not wish it to be counted as Canadian experience(As I know it will not be counted as that)
I just want to be counted towards the minimum requirement to enter FSW express entry pool even if I don't get CRS points for it.
I have good profile with job offer in Canada, I can do well without these CRS points too.
Assume you have an approved LMIA with your job offer. If your foreign experience is continuous (no breaks), full-time and skilled in one NOC then should not be an issue. You will have also filed your taxes in Canada and included foreign income.

Fasiha

Jan 15, 2019
I have a post-graduate-work permit. I don't need a LMIA as of now. My PGWP is valid for the next 2.5 years.
Will that add to CRA scores. I can apply for ONIP streams too.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have a post-graduate-work permit. I don't need a LMIA as of now. My PGWP is valid for the next 2.5 years.
Will that add to CRA scores. I can apply for ONIP streams too.
But you said a job offer…a job offer doesn’t give you any CRS points on a PGWP. What OINP streams?

Fasiha

Jan 15, 2019
But you said a job offer…a job offer doesn’t give you any CRS points on a PGWP. What OINP streams?
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priority Stream (For this I need to be eligible for FSW or CEC)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Ontario's Express Entry Human Capital Priority Stream (For this I need to be eligible for FSW or CEC)
Employer Job offer doesn’t require EE profile as long as your employer is willing to support your nomination, meets eligibility requirements and fill out all paperwork.

So for EE, job offer is not relevant. If you have one year of continuous foreign experience in one NOC then you are eligible. What is the NOC? And is the NOC part of HSPS and being selected for draws.

Fasiha

Jan 15, 2019
Employer Job offer doesn’t require EE profile as long as your employer is willing to support your nomination, meets eligibility requirements and fill out all paperwork.

So for EE, job offer is not relevant. If you have one year of continuous foreign experience in one NOC then you are eligible. What is the NOC? And is the NOC part of HSPS and being selected for draws.
21211 is the NOC of the Job that I will be joining. 2171 for my Foreign work experience. I calculated my score on the CRA calculator with 1 year of foreign experience, it turns out to be 486, In 6 months I will have 1 year of Canadian experience as was doing a contract based job on my PGWP till now; so, I can update my profile if I don't get invite till then.