20-09-2013
AOR Received.
06-2013
File Transfer...
06-2013
Med's Done....
04-2013
Iay said:
Thanks bnan :) Are you originally from SG or somewhere?
I wish you the best on your application.
I am originally from Malaysia but have to apply from Spore for PR applications. Unfortunately due to the strike, the processing time on the wesite has increased from 24 months to 26 months now... Sigh...

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Immigrants hit hardest by Foreign Service strike:
Visas for newcomers are down while temporary visas for tourists and students are up.
http://pages.cdn.pagesuite.com/b/d/bdc4af43-c17c-4765-a736-6cac08cb31c1/page.pdf

Surprised to see that PR apps are getting hit the worst.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
automaton82 said:
Honestly, I feel that part of the reason nobody cares is that many Canadians are somewhat against immigration (though they would never say it). They look at their "annoying immigrant" neighbours or cite examples of 10 families living in the same house who don't take care of their lawn, and then use that to justify to themselves that perhaps Canada doesn't need more immigrants.

That logic of course is flawed on a number of levels, and certainly extremely prejudiced, but due to the lack of attention/caring there is on this topic, I can only feel this might be part of it..
I think that is a pretty prejudiced opinion.

Most Canadians don't care because it does not affect them. This happens with any sector of government that goes on strike. The people that use the Post Office complain when the workers were locked out and the rest didn't notice or care.

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
chickenkiev said:
Immigrants hit hardest by Foreign Service strike:
Visas for newcomers are down while temporary visas for tourists and students are up.
http://pages.cdn.pagesuite.com/b/d/bdc4af43-c17c-4765-a736-6cac08cb31c1/page.pdf

Surprised to see that PR apps are getting hit the worst.
Well tourist and student visas are the ones raking in the cash for gov and businesses. What are the family class PR apps raking besides free healthcare?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
I have been reading this particular forum for some time and decided to put my 2 cents worth in. I am a retired teacher of a local college. Yes I agree students provide income to schools colleges and universities for a short term and tourists for even shorter terms while families are here for the long haul earning salaries paying taxes buying groceries clothes cars houses or renting and contributing to the economy and in doing so are certainly entitled to heathcare. Born and raised in this great country CANADA

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Abe1004 said:
Well tourist and student visas are the ones raking in the cash for gov and businesses. What are the family class PR apps raking besides free healthcare?
Fooking foreign students are still eligible for fooking healthcare in the fooking province they are fooking studying in.

Citizens and permanent residents provide the fooking income to governments to lend to the fooking banks who lend to lesser fooking governments who build the fooking universities so the fooking foreign students can get a better education than the one they would get in their own fooking countries.

Ruined your fooking theory then didn't I.

Betina

Jul 17, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Doc's Request.
05-08-2013 (IMM5669E/Q8), 14-11-2013 (proof of return, of funds, of cohabitation)
AOR Received.
06-06-2013
File Transfer...
11-06-2013
Med's Done....
12-11-2012, repeat x-ray for extension 23-01-2014 (extension granted)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-04-2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Fooking foreign students are still eligible for fooking healthcare in the fooking province they are fooking studying in.

Citizens and permanent residents provide the fooking income to governments to lend to the fooking banks who lend to lesser fooking governments who build the fooking universities so the fooking foreign students can get a better education than the one they would get in their own fooking countries.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I read this comment out loud 4 times already ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Abe1004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2013
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
File Transfer...
13-09-2013
Med's Done....
02-07-2013
Interview........
28-05-2014
CanadianJeepGuy said:

No you really didnt. Because, just so you know, students are PAYING FOR insurance for the duration of their stay in Canada. If they decide to opt out (ONLY AFTER first semester) of coverage, then they sign a liability sheet. If they get sick at that point they PAY THEIR OWN CASH to the hospital.

Now as for the second part. I am not entirely sure, what exactly are you trying to say. I think its prett obvious that citizens and PRs pay taxes. Now the point blank I was trying to make, in governments eyes, spouse of a citizen/pr is likely to abuse system for whatever reason (lets just say they dont speak good enligh,hence cant get a job,hence they are using free healthcare without paying into it especially if they get sick).

Why bother reviewing cases of spousal applications at a regular pace (during strike) if you can throw people at money make i.e. tourist visas (beneficial to businesses) and student visas (beneficial to government since most of universities in Canada are public). Get my point now,tough guy?

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
automaton82 said:
Honestly, I feel that part of the reason nobody cares is that many Canadians are somewhat against immigration (though they would never say it). They look at their "annoying immigrant" neighbours or cite examples of 10 families living in the same house who don't take care of their lawn, and then use that to justify to themselves that perhaps Canada doesn't need more immigrants.
They actually have studies on this exact thing that basically says the exact opposite of what you just posted. Canada is in fact one of the least likely places in the world where someone would say they don't want to live by an immigrant.

Facts > Gut feeling

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
DaveSav said:
They actually have studies on this exact thing that basically says the exact opposite of what you just posted. Canada is in fact one of the least likely places in the world where someone would say they don't want to live by an immigrant.

Facts > Gut feeling
Yes you might be right. Do you happen to have a link to the study?

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
automaton82 said:
Honestly, I feel that part of the reason nobody cares is that many Canadians are somewhat against immigration (though they would never say it). That logic of course is flawed on a number of levels, and certainly extremely prejudiced, but due to the lack of attention/caring there is on this topic, I can only feel this might be part of it..
I don't think it's prejudiced at all. Switzerland is one of the most neutral countries in the world and yet it is extremely difficult to immigrate to that country. I think people are against the stampede of 250-300K immigrants coming to Canada in any given year, expecially one where the unemployment rate is hovering around 9-10 percent. Even many recent immigrants are probably against such a mass influx of bodies. Also, the 'foreign skilled worker' program needs to change to accomodate only those SKILLED labour jobs that need to be filled. CANADIAN teenagers can work at Tim Horton's like they used to in the past 50 years. It is not prejudiced at all to want higher standards for your country and not just let anyone through the gate.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
Abe1004 said:
No you really didnt. Because, just so you know, students are PAYING FOR insurance for the duration of their stay in Canada. If they decide to opt out (ONLY AFTER first semester) of coverage, then they sign a liability sheet. If they get sick at that point they PAY THEIR OWN CASH to the hospital.

Now as for the second part. I am not entirely sure, what exactly are you trying to say. I think its prett obvious that citizens and PRs pay taxes. Now the point blank I was trying to make, in governments eyes, spouse of a citizen/pr is likely to abuse system for whatever reason (lets just say they dont speak good enligh,hence cant get a job,hence they are using free healthcare without paying into it especially if they get sick).

Why bother reviewing cases of spousal applications at a regular pace (during strike) if you can throw people at money make i.e. tourist visas (beneficial to businesses) and student visas (beneficial to government since most of universities in Canada are public). Get my point now,tough guy?
You obviously have no idea what you are saying. Any impetus the government has to process student, visitor and work visas is because there are less requirements to fulfill in the processing. Yes they generate revenue but so do PR visas at 10x's the cost. Spring/summer are when the influx of those applications increase so human resources are generally reallocated to work on those which has a slowing affect on PR visas anyway. Student visa =$125; PR visa+$1040 + all the documentation costs + the trips overseas to help prove a legitimate relationship.

Here is how healthcare works in Canada........Out of the billions of dollars levied through the income taxes of citizens and PR's a percentage is reserved to pay for healthcare. So its not free. People who pay tax pay for it. There is no option to opt out. Foreign students can apply for provincial healthcare in the province in which they study. They may pay a low monthly or yearly premium but the cost of services is covered by the provincial healthcare plan which is subsidized by the citizens and PR's who reside and pay taxes in that province. These are the same tax payers that paid to build the infrastructure and the university and pay the wages of staff so foreign students have access to a better education.

This current government does not care for either temporary or permanent resident applications. They care about defeating a union over $40 million.

Get it now soft guy?

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
If you are a foreign student studying in Canada, you are not eligible or covered by a provincial health insurance plan and should buy health insurance. (This health insurance plan may be also called Student Medical insurance, Hospital&Medical insurance, Student Travel insurance, Student plan.)

http://www.travelcanadatninsurance.ca/studentmedicalinsurance.htm

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
It is really sad that the strike is ruining the dreams of many people like newly weds who want to be together every moment (after all first year is the time to enjoy the most), students who want to get their degrees(and then apply for PR eventually :p)

Irrespective of strike I do see few apps being approved during this strike time frame (Few cases from India got approved).
I might be missing something, Is it like few of the embassy staff are still working.... Hope thats true, coz I am also one of the many people waiting in Q.