8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
aks.asr1 said:
@ vik403

I completely agree with you.
You guys are trying to single out one person that disagrees with you while totally ignoring all the extremely rude people that do agree with you........you can't call people idiotic and be on your high horse at the same time.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Strike is still on from a friend of a friend who works in the offices, he reports its going to be at least another 4+ weeks on striking before they even start the work.

He also said that the mail/sorting room is just full of applications at the moment which have not even been touched/sorted out.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
vik403 said:
CanadianJeepGuy
Do you have nothing better to do than just pick arguments with people?
Guys can you all please stop arguing about who's right and who's wrong. Doesn't matter who's gonna win this BS... we are sure to loose valuable time and money. Please post something of value like a new updates regarding the strike or new timelines for family and skilled class workers instead of all this.
If you don't like it don't read it. The discussion is on topic with the thread so what's the problem?

Here is an update.....There has been no change to the situation so expect processing times to continue to increase.

Is that better for you?

What info I post is to provide others who are not familiar with the climate of politics and organized labour in Canada so they better understand why this has happened. People who want to sum things up as "lazy unionized workers just want more money" does not do anything to improve their understanding.

Today this is about union jobs. One day it will be about your job or your spouses job and you will wonder how this country ended up this way.

Summerside

Star Member
Apr 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
18-04-2013
File Transfer...
23-04-2013
Med's Done....
07-03-2013
Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting.. ( In Process since October 24th )..Decision made on November 4th
LANDED..........
24-11-2013
Foreign service strike could drag on for weeks as union awaits hearing.
http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/08/08/foreign-service-strike-could-drag-on-for-weeks-as-union-awaits-hearing/

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
Latest news (precisions that may or may not make some happy): http://globalnation.inquirer.net/82837/canadian-visa-services-continuing

A quick summary of the strike: http://www.ipolitics.ca/2013/08/08/foreign-service-strike-a-by-the-numbers-guide/

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
costaudjoe said:
I am sorry but you seem to hold a lot of stock in the preconditions. They were a joke totally meant to hamstring the negotiations and even a five-year old would know the deck would be stacked against them by accepting them.

I find it fascinating that you are quick to blame the union but take no issue with the government surreptitiously trying to bust the union (actually willing to lose 100s of millions in the process).
i F**@ing blame this government more than anyone. first kenny made a huge mess of immigration system causing lots of jobs to go overseas and one after another new changes to f-up the system completely. one of the statements i read from tim pafso was that the condition they dont want to agree is accepting there is difference between FS and other Public service. now believe me or not he is pure idiot since next day he released another statement tht FS staff has very unique skill set and lots of training.
if this idiot head of this union would have accepted that, they might have got more money out of this since in canada you get paid as per your skills.. and the Mr wise old clement is bigger idiot then Tim to bring us to this level. both sides are equally at fault

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
sidhu1982 said:
i F** @ ing blame this government more than anyone.

... he released another statement tht FS staff has very unique skill set and lots of training.
if this idiot head of this union would have accepted that,
They do have a unique skill set indeed, but the government does not feel this way. Embassies of other nations are almost entirely staffed by nationals (aside from cleaners and guards), whereas the Canadian government often hires locals from those cities to even do lots of official paperwork to save a buck. My wife came across a classified ad on a Chinese website seeking 'visa officers' for the Canadian embassy. This government's stinginess will even invite corruption if it helps to bust unions.

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
By the way, I wrote my MP and got this response:

"...this strike is only affecting the applications of student, work and visitor visas; not spousal sponsorships. Your application is a spousal sponsorship and should not be affected by the striking."

These are words from an actual MP. Could it be true that the strike is mostly affecting student, work and visitor visas??? :eek:

Kazza

Feb 13, 2012
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
gongdi said:

"...this strike is only affecting the applications of student, work and visitor visas; not spousal sponsorships. Your application is a spousal sponsorship and should not be affected by the striking."

These are words from an actual MP. Could it be true that the strike is mostly affecting student, work and visitor visas??? :eek:
? Really? But how? If for example, there are only two immigration officers working at an embassy, those officers would be working on the most urgent visas (visitor, student and work visas), right? Then, who takes care of authorizing spousal sponsorship applications?

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
gongdi said:

Who is your MP?

gongdi

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
I don't want to give you the name of my MP on this site but will say he/she is not a conservative and so does not have any reason to tell me a fib to save face for his/her party. Of course, the MP did not write me personally, but a representative so maybe it was a big mistake. I don't know but what I copied and pasted was a quote from that letter.

I have also contacted other MPs and never received that response. Most of the time, it's a quick form letter with no details whatsoever.

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
gongdi said:
I don't want to give you the name of my MP on this site but will say he/she is not a conservative and so does not have any reason to tell me a fib to save face for his/her party. Of course, the MP did not write me personally, but a representative so maybe it was a big mistake. I don't know but what I copied and pasted was a quote from that letter.

I have also contacted other MPs and never received that response. Most of the time, it's a quick form letter with no details whatsoever.
The MP (or his office staff) definitely sounds misinformed.

Zahid Sarfraz

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
lahore,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
chc-islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct,2011
Doc's Request.
jun,2012
AOR Received.
dec,2011
File Transfer...
dec,2011
Med's Done....
oct,2011
Interview........
in que ..waiting from jan 2013
Passport Req..
In-sha-Allah sooooon
VISA ISSUED...
In-sha-Allah
LANDED..........
waiting.....
Micmac can i ask u one question about ur case? how much time u visit ur husband in pak?

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
sidhu1982 said:
i F** @ ing blame this government more than anyone. first kenny made a huge mess of immigration system causing lots of jobs to go overseas and one after another new changes to f-up the system completely. one of the statements i read from tim pafso was that the condition they dont want to agree is accepting there is difference between FS and other Public service. now believe me or not he is pure idiot since next day he released another statement tht FS staff has very unique skill set and lots of training.
if this idiot head of this union would have accepted that, they might have got more money out of this since in canada you get paid as per your skills.. and the Mr wise old clement is bigger idiot then Tim to bring us to this level. both sides are equally at fault
Never heard of the concept of being equal but different?

stonecold

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i am new to this thread can anybody tell me when NDVO will likely to start working.and now a days they are doing some communication or not via e-mail. please reply.