06-06-2013

costaudjoe

Oct 30, 2011
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
ortom said:
wow those proposals are more than reasonable, hardly covers the inflation so really its not a real wage increase. Therefore I do not understand why the gov cannot accept their proposal.
And is willing to flush 1 billion dollars because they are so adverse to unions. Team stupid in action.

skas13

Feb 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
1-03-2013
File Transfer...
18-03-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made August 19th, passport received August 22nd
LANDED..........
September 14
costaudjoe said:
And is willing to flush 1 billion dollars because they are so adverse to unions. Team stupid in action.
One word..EGOS!

This has become a battle of wills now. Let's hope that pressure from Universities and Colleges, plus angry citizens can twist the gov'ts arm to give a fair settlement.

Aquarian

Jun 10, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris, France (Algeria)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
AOR Received.
Received only when we made request
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Request
11-07-2013 (Meds passed)
Med's Done....
19-02-2013
Interview........
01-10-2013
Passport Req..
01-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2013
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
But from what I have read, the employees who deal with PR applications (i.e. family sponsorship) are with PSAC union, and not PAFSO, so they should be continuing with the processing - no?? Granted it is still affecting our applications as they are being asked to help with the increasing backlog...

jwa007

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP – Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 17, 2012
AOR Received.
Nov. 20, 2012
File Transfer...
Feb. 11, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug. 28, 2012
Passport Req..
May 8, 2013
costaudjoe said:
Maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears to me that the PAFSO is holding Canadian families hostage over a subjectively perceived "unfairness."

The crux of the PAFSO's argument, from the mouth of Tim Edwards, is “Lawyers, economists, policy analysts, commerce officers -- they all make much more than we do.”

So, the PAFSO wants to be paid the same as government lawyers because they do, in the PAFSO's mind, similar work. Go down to Bay Street in Toronto and walk in to any law firm, find out if the paralegals are being paid the same as the attorneys. They aren't. In fact, I'd wager that the gap is much greater than the gap between PAFSO members and government lawyers, and the work they do is much more similar in nature.

To my knowledge, here's no entitlement to be paid the same as someone who holds a completely different job title just because you feel you do similar work or work just as hard as they do. If you want to be paid like a government lawyer, then become a government lawyer. Again, am I missing something here? If there's a legit argument out there, I'm all ears.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Dan_from_Surrey said:
Either that, or it is one of the shills they hire to post on Chris Alexanders Facebook page
Lol.. No buddy you can't face reality can you? I am a Canadian who don't want to waste my hard earned money to some incompetent, filthy, insensitive and greedy union.
The basic slogan for their job is wrong and they don't do similar job as a lawyer or as such. If you guys don't like the job then just quit .. Nobody is holding a gun to their head?

celine12

Feb 5, 2013
Why would they want a catch up for prior years + increment? Why can't they just work on negotiating the increments for current and future years.

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
CanadianJeepGuy said:
I suppose you would be much happier if everyone was paid by the standards in India? Worked under Indian conditions?

If you are doing the same work as someone else and getting paid less for it it is not "greedy" to expect to be treated fairly by receiving the same pay for the same work.
That's the irony... You cannot compare their jobs with other public sector employes because in one statement they say that "we have a unique skill set and you cannot replace us on drop of a hat" and in other statement they are saying same work= same pay?
These are exact worlds from the union yesterday..

Can you explain how can you have a unique , irreplaceable job related skill set (and the job)yet you compare with other public sector employee?

They should get the same pay if they can prove that with same benefits as those others public sector workers..

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
costaudjoe said:
Tony Clement, is that you?
No I am a concerned Canadian who is badly affected by the greed of union and stubbornness of the government .. But Seems like u are from this union with no sponsorship timeline, nothing to lose ..just here to justify this stupid pafso strike?

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
celine12 said:
Why would they want a catch up for prior years + increment? Why can't they just work on negotiating the increments for current and future years.
That's how it works, they are without contract since last year I believe , so a new contract will get them to 2014 based on 3 year contract , and in 2014 , they can strike again for a pay increase .. As they say greed has no ceiling ...

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
skas13 said:
One word..EGOS!

This has become a battle of wills now. Let's hope that pressure from Universities and Colleges, plus angry citizens can twist the gov'ts arm to give a fair settlement.
Other words can be blackmailing, insensitive to taxpayers, no accountability, holding hostage, govt's failure to reunite families, inaction , tolerating

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
nanediniz said:
The Government is concerned only about the money that is not coming from the students and tourist visitors and also to look good for the private sector, that must be pushing for something to be done about it.
Neither side wants to mention it.

As you said the government only cares about the private sector and the money. However you never see the pro strike people mention it either, a lot of the articles actually say it doesn't affect Canadians so they can strike as long as they want and the government shouldn't be able to shut them down. I actually read one article where they insist that unlike a teachers strike that affects kids this one doesn't, totally ignoring people who are separated from their sons and daughters for years in some cases.

Both sides are acting despicable and spreading half truths to make themselves look better. We are nothing but pawns to them that are better left not being mentioned.

DaveSav

Sep 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
8/8/2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Done....
07-12-2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
8/8/2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
LANDED..........
28-11-2013
Catou said:
For those that are interested, here's the PAFSO bargaining issues and proposals. It doesn't take a genius to realise they have solid reasons for this strike. http://www.pafso.com/uploads/File/Collective_Bargaining_Issues_and_Proposals-EN.pdf
My problem isn't so much with unions, they have done a lot for general workers rights over the years, my problem is with the larger picture.

At the same time, budgets are being cut everywhere, my Mom has to wait months longer than she should have to for cancer treatment due to all the cuts in medical services. Schools in BC are getting such large class sizes due to all the cuts that kids aren't getting the education they deserve. 29,000 government jobs will be cut by 2016, these people are losing their jobs, never mind equal pay. I could go on and on but i think you get the point.

My opinion is they should get equal pay, they should bring everyone's salary down to reflect all the other cuts that are affecting everything. Not that it would ever happen but this should start at the top with the biggest salaries IMO.

Canada's current debt: 614,475,728,993.45
Debt per Canadian: $18,000

sidhu1982

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
Visa Office......
New Delhi
DaveSav said:
Neither side wants to mention it.

As you said the government only cares about the private sector and the money. However you never see the pro strike people mention it either, a lot of the articles actually say it doesn't affect Canadians so they can strike as long as they want and the government shouldn't be able to shut them down. I actually read one article where they insist that unlike a teachers strike that affects kids this one doesn't, totally ignoring people who are separated from their sons and daughters for years in some cases.

Both sides are acting despicable and spreading half truths to make themselves look better. We are nothing but pawns to them that are better left not being mentioned.
Well said .. Between government and unions only common man suffers... Pay more taxes , less facilities and real inconvenience to citizens .. Be it garbage union strike in Toronto, air Canada strike or this one..

I am willing to pay taxes but I want the accountability and performance for the services I am paying for.. Is it a crime ?
Check the processing times in last 6-8 months .. They are only going up.. I have seen many good people on this forum who checked the GCMS notes and found that no action is being taken for 6 months or more even after all the checks are done..

I am frustrated as well since my file is sitting collecting dust since Feb this year waiting for a visa officer to Stamp the visa .. 5 full months .. Disgusting ...