+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign experience Reference Letter

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
So I worked from 2006-2011 back home. After x years in school, I now have been working for 1y in Canada. I get points for previous work experience, what's left after the 10y cut off date -- but can't complain.

The question is, I still got a reference letter when I was applying for my internship in 2014, is this letter good enough? Or does it need to be newer? And do I need to supply paystubs?

I already got an HR letter from my current job in Canada.I have the T4, paystubs, etc..

Thanks!

Tayee

Apr 6, 2019
As long as the reference letter includes all the points listed below. You can use it.

should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
How paramount is it to have the email. It wasn't exactly a high tech company and they operate very locally so the need for email is pretty much none existent, remember this is 2008 to 2011ish. I had to get a friend get me the letter. Phone and fax still work though.

Anyone with experience in this?