+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Exp, Didn't show in study permit Can I use that in EE?

Sandeep0927

Dec 18, 2019
So actually my friend just add company experience letter for just covering gap after his graduation,he doesnot do any job in that period so now he is on work permit and made express entry profile without adding that experince ,will they ask that why you don’t add that experince now ,thank you

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Well, it was not wise from him to do such a thing, it is oftenly misunderstood that gaps arent allowed by IRCC and that they will persecute anyone who has them, well its not like that at all.
IRCC doesnt want any unjustified gaps and specially the ones between work years not between graduating and starting a job. They know that peiple arent suppised to work straight out of college and that unemployment anywehre from a month to a year is allowed and actually that was my case, i was unemployed for 1 year and 4 months after graduation and just filled that in my personal history as unemployment.

Plus they dont care if you prove the work experience in your personal histroy or not, there is no need to prove anything there.

Anyways, I cant say definelty if they will ask about it or not, what I know is that the work permit and the express entry applications are treated seperately and dont intertwine BUT i cant be definitive and say that things like declaring stuff that didnt happen will come up or not

Reactions: Amandeep Kor

Mrkalathiya

Sep 9, 2016
You dont need to worry, during your study permit application it wasnt relevant for the IRCC to know about your work experience, anyone could study in Canada, regardless of their experience or job position and it wont hurt or benefit your study permit application.
You can submit your experience in the express entry application and dont worry about it.
Thanks a lot

eld43

Nov 18, 2019
Toronto,Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
@Canadavisa92 I got confused with Canadian and foreign experience while applying my and work permit forgot to add foreign experience can I add now on my EE profile , do I need to explain in the LOE, neither in the study permit as well

King2525

Jan 20, 2019
I am in the same boat. Please anyone suggest me, is it safe to add a foreign experience even if, it didn’t mention before while applied study visa ? because it’s pump up CRS score.

Lovejeet123

Mar 25, 2020
Please Help:- I came here as caregiver back in 2018, now I am almost there to apply for PR and I need post secondary education; which I have but my lawyer didn't show it when I applied for work permit by saying that it comes between your work experience. I have the WES done and it's equivalent to post secondary education here. Can anyone suggest if I can show it now for my pr, will they open my old file? I am so confused and not getting any appropriate answer. Without that I won't be able to get PR, it is the requirement and if I can show that I will be Permanent resident in about 1 year.

Batman_pilot

Apr 20, 2020
You'll have to include it either way - whether it is in the personal history section or in the work history section. You can claim points for it just make sure you write a LOE regarding why you did not mention it back then.

Cheers :)
Hello,
I worked fulltime while pursuing my bachelors in India. As per the CIC rule, I understand the mentioned work experience while study is acceptable as it was outside Canada per ministerial instructions.
After my bachelors I was promoted as a manager and have worked for an year before coming to Canada, which will make 3+ 1 =4 years of total work experience.
When I was applying my student visa.
I’ve only included my managerial experience in my work history thinking it would be enough for a student visa and I was not aware even experience gained during the study was acceptable).
I did get my student visa and Im a graduate with Canadian studies. Now The question is should I disclose my 4 years of total experience in my express entry profile or just the one year I included in student visa ?
Will I be questioned why I didn’t disclose my complete work experience in my student application?
Or will it lead to rejection or misrepresentation?

Nonuchawla91

Oct 19, 2020
That's correct.

Perfectly fine to include that experience in this application even though it was not included in the earlier application, no LOE required. That information was irrelevant to your study permit application hence was justifiably excluded, no explanation required.

All the best!
Hey are you Sure about it?

King2525

Jan 20, 2019
Thank you very much.

I do have one more confusion. Could I show 2 years of part time work experience to claim 1 year work experience points?

Pareshpatel03

Oct 30, 2020
Hi All,

When I initially came to Canada on Study permit, I didn't provided information about foreign work experience when applying for study permit. I have also applied for co-op and PGWP those application didn't contain foreign work details as well, so If I were to use that experience now as part of EE would there be any complication or query on why I never provided that experience before.? If CIC were to enquire about that what should my answer be.?

Thanks
Hi

I am in the same situation now. Did you get PR by showing your foreign work experience later.? or Did you get any kind of queries from CIC.?

Your answer will be appreciated. Thanks.

Dec 23, 2020
I am in same situation. I done my study in may 2016 and i have experience from july 2016 to july 2017. I came in canada in jan 2018. But i did not include my experience during study visa application but i added in express entry profile. I have all appointment letter, experience letter and pay stubs but i am worried about it will not show any misrepresentation. Can you confirm me i csn add it or not??

FrankieChiu

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
I am in same situation. I done my study in may 2016 and i have experience from july 2016 to july 2017. I came in canada in jan 2018. But i did not include my experience during study visa application but i added in express entry profile. I have all appointment letter, experience letter and pay stubs but i am worried about it will not show any misrepresentation. Can you confirm me i csn add it or not??
I am exactly in the same boat with you, did you add that experience and submit?

Amandeep Kor

Oct 5, 2015
Cambridge
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Hello,
I worked fulltime while pursuing my bachelors in India. As per the CIC rule, I understand the mentioned work experience while study is acceptable as it was outside Canada per ministerial instructions.
After my bachelors I was promoted as a manager and have worked for an year before coming to Canada, which will make 3+ 1 =4 years of total work experience.
When I was applying my student visa.
I’ve only included my managerial experience in my work history thinking it would be enough for a student visa and I was not aware even experience gained during the study was acceptable).
I did get my student visa and Im a graduate with Canadian studies. Now The question is should I disclose my 4 years of total experience in my express entry profile or just the one year I included in student visa ?
Will I be questioned why I didn’t disclose my complete work experience in my student application?
Or will it lead to rejection or misrepresentation?
I have the same query, did you get your PR, Please tell. My agent did the same thing with me during the application of my study permit.