+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign Exp, Didn't show in study permit Can I use that in EE?

jayjay26_91

Aug 24, 2016
Posting for a friend:

He has the same situation. When he applied his student visa, he did not mention and include his recent job that time (he was hired 17days before he lodge). He got an student visa approval 2 months after. Decided to finish first semester in his home country (online) while still being employed. He resigned to that job after 4months and then fly to canada to start his 2nd semester.

Now he have this dilemma wether to declare the previously undeclared employment. Will it be misrepresentation when applied for PR?

I hope someone can help to answer.

Thank you

NGN

Oct 21, 2021
Hi everybody!
I am in a same boat now. When I applied for study visa I had 2 full time jobs at the same time that only declared one of them! Now to apply for PR, I need to declare the other job that wasn't declared in study visa. I have all the documents that shows I worked but I am wondering if it is ok to declare 2 different full-time jobs at the same time?
Also my lawyer prevented me to declare my master degree for study visa. Can I declare it right now for EE or its kind of misrepresentation?!
Please help me out guys

Cake111

Dec 11, 2021
I just received my ITA I am in big dilemma right now I applied for Canada visitor visa in June 2019 at that time I was working for a company but I didn’t mentioned my work and listed my self as student in family form A . My reasoning for listening as student was since I got my uk student visa in May 2019 that I’ve also attached with my Canada visitor visa . So during my visit duration which was in September I was practically a student since i took direct flight from Canada to uk for study now should I state my work experience or no

Aval

Nov 21, 2019
Hi All,

When I initially came to Canada on Study permit, I didn't provided information about foreign work experience when applying for study permit. I have also applied for co-op and PGWP those application didn't contain foreign work details as well, so If I were to use that experience now as part of EE would there be any complication or query on why I never provided that experience before.? If CIC were to enquire about that what should my answer be.?

Thanks
Hello
I know it's been a long time since this happened. But did you end up claiming your foreign experience in your EE? I am in the same situation rn, I want to claim my foreign experience in my EE but I didn't add it to my study permit because for the same reason that my consultant mentioned it is not necessary for this part of the application. I have the letter from my previous employer but no salary checks to support my claim as I was getting paid in cash. What should I do?

Its really urgent as you might know the EE score is at its peak.

Aval

Nov 21, 2019
Hello
I want to claim my foreign experience in my EE but I didn't add it to my study permit for the same reason that my consultant mentioned it is not necessary for this part of the application. I have the letter from my previous employer but no salary checks to support my claim as I was getting paid in cash. What should I do?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello
I want to claim my foreign experience in my EE but I didn't add it to my study permit for the same reason that my consultant mentioned it is not necessary for this part of the application. I have the letter from my previous employer but no salary checks to support my claim as I was getting paid in cash. What should I do?

If you don't have salary slips it might be a problem. You can get format of salary paid in cash from your employer on company letterhead and signed. But not sure, I think its always better to keep things similar as IRCC already have your file and it maybe become a problem if you change them, though I maybe wrong. But I had seen people suffering from not disclosing things.

Sri1111

Aug 23, 2021
Hi All,

When I initially came to Canada on Study permit, I didn't provided information about foreign work experience when applying for study permit. I have also applied for co-op and PGWP those application didn't contain foreign work details as well, so If I were to use that experience now as part of EE would there be any complication or query on why I never provided that experience before.? If CIC were to enquire about that what should my answer be.?

Thanks
Hi any update on your application? I am in a similar situation

Ekta Sh@rm@

Dec 17, 2022
Hi All,

I am in the same boat as people in this thread. While applying Study permit, I didn't provide any information about foreign work experience. I have also applied PGWP without mentioning any experience outside Canada. Can I use that experience while creating my Express Entry profile? Did anyone having same issue got their PR ?

Thanks

Ekta Sh@rm@

Dec 17, 2022
Hello
I know it's been a long time since this happened. But did you end up claiming your foreign experience in your EE? I am in the same situation rn, I want to claim my foreign experience in my EE but I didn't add it to my study permit because for the same reason that my consultant mentioned it is not necessary for this part of the application. I have the letter from my previous employer but no salary checks to support my claim as I was getting paid in cash. What should I do?

Hi, Could you please let me know if you added your foreign work experience in EE ?

Ekta Sh@rm@

Dec 17, 2022
Hi All,

I am in the same boat as people in this thread. While applying study permit, I didn't provide any information about foreign work experience. I have also applied PGWP without mentioning any experience outside Canada. Can I use that experience while creating my Express Entry profile? Did anyone having same issue got their PR ?

Thanks

ph.ya

Jan 12, 2023
Hi All,

Thanks
Hello, I have the same situation these days, did you add this experience? is everything okay?