+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Foreign education that is INCOMPLETE. need ECA?

Imsj86

Dec 30, 2016
Hello,

I am currently working on my PR application and have a question regarding the poof of education.

I attended a 2 year masters program outside of Canada for ONLY one year (quit after 1 yer of study). Therefore, no degree was awarded.
In my EE application, I mentioned about this and said it was INCOMPLETE, resulting in me only given points for bachelors degree that I have completed.

Now woking on PR application, I am asked to upload diplomas/degrees or ECA report. Do I need to get the INCOMPLETE education evaluated by WES and submit it to CIC? I think I would not need to as it was incomplete so I did not get any extra points for it....?.

Could someone answer to my question? Thank you very much in advance.

Batman_is_Real

Dec 15, 2016
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Imsj86 said:
Hello,

I am currently working on my PR application and have a question regarding the poof of education.

I attended a 2 year masters program outside of Canada for ONLY one year (quit after 1 yer of study). Therefore, no degree was awarded.
In my EE application, I mentioned about this and said it was INCOMPLETE, resulting in me only given points for bachelors degree that I have completed.

Now woking on PR application, I am asked to upload diplomas/degrees or ECA report. Do I need to get the INCOMPLETE education evaluated by WES and submit it to CIC? I think I would not need to as it was incomplete so I did not get any extra points for it....?.

Could someone answer to my question? Thank you very much in advance.
You don't need ECA for incomplete degree. Just move that record from Education history to personal history. You are not getting any points and once you make suggested changes it will not ask for any document.

Imsj86

Dec 30, 2016
Batman_is_Real said:
You don't need ECA for incomplete degree. Just move that record from Education history to personal history. You are not getting any points and once you make suggested changes it will not ask for any document.
Thank you for the answer!

Is it okay to move it from educational history to personal history in PR application? Since the info is in educational history in EE application (and I now can't change anything in EE application) I am concerned if the change would make a discrepancy between PR and EE applications which can be a reason for rejection? Would they understand?
Thank you so much !

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Yes this should be fine, just explain the situation in a LOE

Reactions: KOKIKKK

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Imsj86 said:
Thank you for the answer!

Is it okay to move it from educational history to personal history in PR application? Since the info is in educational history in EE application (and I now can't change anything in EE application) I am concerned if the change would make a discrepancy between PR and EE applications which can be a reason for rejection? Would they understand?
Thank you so much !
If it doesn't get you any experience then it can be removed. No problem.

Chaitan176

Aug 21, 2020
Hi Everyone, Hope you are staying safe!

This is regarding filling personal history in PR application.

I started studying masters in university A in the month of January in USA and transferred to University B in the month of April. As University B was not considering University A credits So I did not write exams in University A.

I completed masters degree from University B and also got ECA done equivalent to Canadian Masters degree.

My question is Should I mention the period from Jan to March as unemployed in personal history? or should I mention as education and in good standing, degree not awarded or Incomplete?

Please advise me. Thank you

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
Hi Everyone, Hope you are staying safe!

This is regarding filling personal history in PR application.

I started studying masters in university A in the month of January in USA and transferred to University B in the month of April. As University B was not considering University A credits So I did not write exams in University A.

I completed masters degree from University B and also got ECA done equivalent to Canadian Masters degree.

My question is Should I mention the period from Jan to March as unemployed in personal history? or should I mention as education and in good standing, degree not awarded or Incomplete?

Please advise me. Thank you
as education and in good standing, degree not awarded or Incomplete

Reactions: Chaitan176

Chaitan176

Aug 21, 2020
as education and in good standing, degree not awarded or Incomplete
Thank you for the reply..

Could you please advise me which option need to be selected from below for the above scenario

Standing at the end of study period?

a. In good standing but no diploma or degree or certificate awarded

b. certificate or diploma or degree awarded

c. Not Completed