+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those who want to change institute before landing in Canada

KSPI

Jun 18, 2014
I started my application via CIC website. If you want to change, or if there's any changes with regards to your school, you can do it via online if you submitted your application online, by logging in your account and at your Mycic profile there is that option to change DLI which stands for Designated Learning Institution Student Transfer. click it and just follow the steps.

hope this helps...

KSPI

Jun 18, 2014
I am sorry, but this will only work if you apply via MyCIC online.
You can try and contact the Canada Embassy located in your place.

Buds

Sep 11, 2012
CALGARY
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 02, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Yet
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Passport Req..
---
lakesh6 said:
Pls help I got visa for conestoga college in kitchner but part time jobs are not available there. So I want to change it as I m planing to land there on 18 th of august. And how can I gat back my paid fees from the college and my previous visa is only valid for one year as I want to take a two year course what to do pls suggest.
Hello Lakesh can u text me or msg me whenever u figure out how to get back fees. I am also in same boat my phone no. is 403.470.3527

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
sumera.k said:
Best if you email and inform cic of ur proposed change; and if ur serious about changing colleges, irrespective of post secondary or post grad level of study, tell the IO then and there. I recently went through this few days ago and the IO called my new institute in front of me to confirm that I am registered and enrolled. Although she at first automatically printed my SP with the old college"s name (as I had got visa on that basis and hadnt informed cic about the change), my sP condition read "attend institute/college/UNi specified by immigration officer.) luckily I noticed this before exiting the area and ran right back to her, she then grilled me for not having informed cic before leaving India so they could have updated my file and college name and then hesitantly issued me new SP with new institutes name.

Although u can change legally by surpassing this condition even if sp is on old colleges basis, it's best to stay on the safe side and inform cic before hand and take SP of new college just what if they put a restriction.

The IO herself also told me they're cracking down severely on student permits cus of the volumes of students who leave college and start working illegally. So stay safe and be honest everyone!

I am also in this situation. Got my visa approved using University of Manitoba acceptance letter and later got admission from University of Alberta which is my preferred choice. From your experience, how do i contact cic or should i fly straight to Alberta and explain myself at the POE.

Thank you.

Reactions: monusidhu

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
OyBosEnEmm said:
I am also in this situation. Got my visa approved using University of Manitoba acceptance letter and later got admission from University of Alberta which is my preferred choice. From your experience, how do i contact cic or should i fly straight to Alberta and explain myself at the POE.

Thank you.
Just fly straight to Alberta and at Port of Entry show the new Letter of Acceptance from UAlberta to immigration officer and explain that latter you also got admission in UAlberta and now you going to study there and that you still meet all the finances. All the best.

Ashik123

Mar 13, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 05, 2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-05-2020
Med's Done....
26-06-2020
Interview........
12-01-2021
For all you guys need to change institution and DLI, here's the link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-postsec.asp

Hope it helps ! :)

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
usman_14pk said:
Just fly straight to Alberta and at Port of Entry show the new Letter of Acceptance from UAlberta to immigration officer and explain that latter you also got admission in UAlberta and now you going to study there and that you still meet all the finances. All the best.
Noted.

Thank you so much.

umar127

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my visa today. its for one year. but my prog is of 2 years. Actually i submitted the LOA of 1 year program at the time of application but when embassy asked for updated LOA i submitted the new one because previous uni declined to issue me a deferral letter.I also changed my institute on mycic account before submitting the new LOA. I got passport request after I submitted the new LOA.

Would there be any problem at the airport?

P.S My passport expires in June 2018

OyBosEnEmm

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Alberta, Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
umar127 said:
I got my visa today. its for one year. but my prog is of 2 years. Actually i submitted the LOA of 1 year program at the time of application but when embassy asked for updated LOA i submitted the new one because previous uni declined to issue me a deferral letter.I also changed my institute on mycic account before submitting the new LOA. I got passport request after I submitted the new LOA.

Would there be any problem at the airport?

P.S My passport expires in June 2018
There won't be any problem. The visa is just for entry into Canada. At the POE you have to tender the new LOA along with other documents and that should get you your SP by GOD's grace.

monusidhu

Jun 13, 2018

Thank you.
Hi,
My friend is in same situation as you. she got a visa based on University in Winnipeg, seats are got filled in that university. She has a LOA from one another university in BC. what should she do now... should she go to Canada first then change the college or from the native country also she can do ? Thank-you.