+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Those who have applied under NOC 4131

gowtham_pt

Jan 13, 2010
Hi friends and senior members,

One of my friend has applied under 4131-A category as an English vocational instuctor to NS office and now was asked to submit his documents to Newdelhi. He actually did his bachelor of engineering in computer science and then worked as instructor for IELTS appearing students for the past 3 years. He got just 67 points according to our calculation when we mailed the initial application to Nova scotia. His education is no way relevant to his occupation though they gave him a file number. That actually mean that you can study anything and work in any job and your experience as well as education get points for immigration. Is this actually correct or will they reject his file stating that your education is not relevant to your job in the second step. We just had the doubt that they might have not paid much attention as it is only initial assessment.Please clear our doubts. He has some certificates that he has attended training programs for IELTS trainors and definitely no relevant diploma or degree or TESOL etc. Will he still be eligible and can he proceed further or drop his idea and apply for a withdrawal.
Please throw some light on these issues.
Thanks in Advance

Romford

Star Member
Jul 15, 2009
London, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23rd Sep 09
Med's Request
5 Nov 09
Med's Done....
6 Nov 09
Passport Req..
April 10, again July 10
VISA ISSUED...
July 10
LANDED..........
Oct 4, 2010......
its not must that your job should be in your field of study, if you have studied computer science and you are working as teacher in college teaching english thats fine. your job duties must be same as the duties mentioned on NOC.

gaby.pb

Jan 14, 2010
Guayaquil, Ecuador
Category........
Visa Office......
Bogota, Colombia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am hopefully sending my application this month under NOC 4131. I have a reference letter of a private training establishment that states that I have been a company trainer in my field of education and experience (Marketing and Advertising) for the past 4 years, completing a total of 2200 hours during this period of time. My question is whether as a free lancer can I still be eligible, without a job contract. The letter of reference does states my main responsibilities, professional fees and duties. Is that enough?

I really appreciate any comments you can post about this matter. Please help! :'(

Thanks! :)

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
rupeshhari:

In Pakistan colleges for technical and non-technial education do not co-exist. There are two disjoint set of colleges one set is for technical education (3 years studies) and other set for non-technical education (2 years studies).

After completing non-technical colleges, student go to university.
After completing technical colleges, students can either go for employment or go to university.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Perhaps both are like CEGEP. It would definitely be easier for you to argue 4131 if you taught at a technical college.

But since I am guessing all this so its best to ask someone who actually knows :(

If you taught at a technical college, you should apply.

And if you taught at a non-technical college, perhaps you should apply and hope for the best.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Desimike

perhaps this will help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secondary_education#Pakistan

Also i have heard that many undergraduate degrees in Pakistan are 2 years. So that could mean that the 2 years spent in post-secondary college is more like the first 2 years of degrees earned in the west.

Maharrouf might know more on this.

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
That is correct that some undergraduate degrees in Pakistan are completed 2 years. But I didn't mention them in the discussion intentionally, because I assumed that those teaching 2 year undergraduate degrees students would not qualify one in NOC 4131. Probably they lies somewhere between 4131 and 4121(University Professors). I am not sure whether they should apply or not.

Maharrouf: Any thoughts.........?

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all
I am new to this forum, i applied under 4131 in march 2009 got madical done on 18th jan 2010 can any one tell me how long now it will take for ppr.

rgds

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Generally, it takes 8 weeks to clear medicals form Ottawa. In parallel they also do background check.

What kind/level of teaching did you do in Pakistan?

gosho

Feb 6, 2010
vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DesiMike said:
Generally, it takes 8 weeks to clear medicals form Ottawa. In parallel they also do background check.

What kind/level of teaching did you do in Pakistan?
I am working as chief instructor in a vocational training center since 2004

bharath4mdubai

Star Member
Sep 29, 2009
Visa Office......
London CHC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2009
Doc's Request.
11-05-2009
AOR Received.
11-05-2009
IELTS Request
11-05-2009
File Transfer...
11-05-2009
Hi Guys,

Its nice to see almost all the 4131 category applicants are here. I have a serious question in mind, I am working as a Company Trainer in a Construction Industry, where I train staff on Business English & Communication.

When I approached a consultant, they informed that my application will be through if I apply on 4131 or 4121, dont really remember.

I applied accordingly in April'09, received file number in May'09 requesting additional documents. Earlier this month, my status changed to review complete (which also says a letter has been sent with additional information).

Just a bit confused, whether my experience of 4+ years in this role will hold valid against the NOC description.

nasim751

Jan 25, 2009
BUMBLEBEE said:
WOW parnit 6 months?! i didn't realise it could be so fast.
I am applying under 4131 and 0111. App sent to NS Jul 6, Email request to send docs to London received on 2nd Sept, hope to send in October as am waiting on some paperwork. I am with the London office.
Has anyone heard of anybody else getting their visa so quickly?
I have one year experiance from NOC 4131 (College, teach undergarduate student Chemistry teacher) and currently working on NOC 4121 (School of Material Engineering in university) as a lecturar. I have a PhD degree and number of journal from good publisher and supervise undergraduate research project also with postgradute students. I have 6 houres week theory class and 6 h practiacl clas. I htink accoring to the CIC job requirements my job ful-fill all the duties. So my question is
can i apply and use both NOC? if yes how shoud i mention job title in the application.