+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Those who have applied under NOC 4131

Flyer

Jun 15, 2009
I am starting a new thread for Those who have applied under NOC 4131, so that we can share our experiences. I request all members to share their experiences in this case as well as their timeline and current status

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
Hi Flyer,

This is really nice idea to start a thread for who applied/applying under NOC-4131. I have been thinking on starting this thread but you were quicker than me :)

I am from India and going to apply with Nova Scotia under NOC-4131.......mine is very complicated case, I have had 16 months of work experience as a College Lecturer during the last 10 years, presently i am working as Secondary teacher NOC-4141....practically I can apply under this category but my experience is not continous for one year....unfortunately i had a break of few months but in the same employment. The college has given me an experience letter stating i have worked with them for two academic sessions 1999-2000 & 2000-2001 but not sure if it's gonna work......however i am going to take this chance.

How about you? have you already applied? pls let us know about your timeline......and where are you from?

Zeene

Jul 13, 2009
My application has been accepted at the first stage. My NOC codes are 4121 and 4131. I have taught as a lecturer in English for two years in a very reputed college of Karachi. Then I taught English at school level. I also taught as a part-time teacher in a Business School. Then I joined a government university in Karachi as a visiting lecturer. I also joined a college for 7 months then I left. I have been teaching in university for the last three years in different departments. In first year when I joined the university I had 9 credit hours per week. Then last year I had 18 credit hours. This year I had 16 credit hours in first semester and now in second semester I have 14 credit hours. Now I have to send all my original documents to Islamabad. Do you think I am eligible under both the codes. I have heard there are chances that they might refuse you on second stage. Please advise.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Flyer said:
seniors to advise
what advise do you want?

I applied under 4131. My documents reached Buffalo around Feb 10th and received my AOR later that month. That is all I have heard. My case is a bit of a difficult one so I doubt I would get it anyway.
Good luck to you all.

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Ask him to check 4131 and 4122 and see if he does those duties.
From the information you have given, it sounds like he is eligible to apply if he has 67 points also but in some countries, some people are called lecturer but their duties might be different from the ones that CIC defines as lecturer, so it is best that your friend looks at the duties and decide whether he is eligible or not.

Flyer

Jun 15, 2009
I think, he is eligible to apply and he should make it a point to have a look at the main duties of NOC 4131 while preparing his experience certificate

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
@ Singh123 - If your friend has 67 points or more than he qualify under NOC-4131

I have also worked as a College Lecturer in the past and performed many duties mentioned in HRSDC website under NOC-4131 head so I am sure he is going to be fine with it and eligible to apply providing he can achieve the magic figure of 67 points.

By the way, I must mention I used to teach physcial education in a college affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh.

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for posting this thread exclusively for NOC4131.

I come under NOC 4131. I got my initial "go ahead" from Sydney in the last week of June. I am planning to send my full application to New Delhi in the last week of July. I have two years work experience as a college teacher/lecturer and i taught biotechnology, molecular biology and genetics at bachelors and post graduate level. I am a masters degree holder in biomedical genetics.

I will keep posting details of my application in this thread. Thank you

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
Nice to know hear from you Nit4canada :)

Where are you from?
I have done Master's in physcial education and about to apply under NOC-4131 to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Please share your experience with Sydney.

mhiqbal

Jun 22, 2009
Hi Friends!!!
I've one different issue under NOC 4131.......
I want to make apply under NOC 4131 as a “Mathematics Teacher – College Level” the profession mentioned in the new NOC list.

But my Designation is “Lecturer – Department of Mathematics”. My duties and Job responsibilities matches those are mentioned under NOC 4131. I'm delivering full time lectures in Higher Secondary (Level-11 and 12) and Degree classes (Level -13, 14 and 15) in a government college and have 4 yrs exp. having my Masters degree in Mathematics from university.

Now my questions are:
- Am I eligible to apply under NOC 4131?
- If so, what I've to write in the “your current occupation” spaces located item 13 in IMM 0008E GENERIC form.
- Will it be -- 1. Lecturer – Department of Mathematics OR 2. Mathematics Teacher – College level?

Can any one help me to solve my problems plz?

rajnik1976

Jul 1, 2009
@ mhiqbal - Let me explain you, the duties mentioned on NOC-4131 are more important than job title so if you are teaching under graduate students at college level and hold a masters degree you are eligible to apply.

You can write your current occupation "Lecturer - Department of Mathematics" and it will be considered as Math teacher - college level.

Am I right rupeshhari? correct me if I am wrong.

Nit4canada

May 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Rajnik 1976,

I am from India, applying to New Delhi CHC. I had a relatively smooth journey in my initial application to Sydney, apart from one issue. I had mistakenly answered no to a question in schedule 1 background information form. Actually my husband had applied under the simplified immigration scheme in April 2008. When the new ministerial instuctions were out, it was clear that he will not qualify under the new rules. We had requested a withdrawal of the application, but it is still pending before the high commission.

Once i realised a mistake, i immediately e mailed Sydney, explaining my mistake. The next day i received email with "go ahead" reply.

To mhiqbal, you can put lecturer as your designation. The title does not matter, but the duties that matter. In the case of Teacher ot Lecturer, the duties are same for both the occupation titles at the college level. So i think it does not matter. Thank you

zaidkhalid

Oct 29, 2008
Hi folks applied to 4131

I also started a thread about 4131 for those who received acceptance or at least medical request but unfortunately I did not received more input. Anyway, I applied under NOC 4131 -London office my application sent 11/05.09 an AOR rec. 21/05/09 and my ecas shows now in process from 6/07/09 but 2 weeks without receiving any medical request I am very worried, because in all similar cases for London office they usually send the medical request within 1 weeks after "In-Process" status change, but I wish Allah will help me to receive it soon and pass the medical test as well.

Good Luck for all of us.