+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FOR THOSE ASKING ABOUT CHANCES OF REJECTION AFTER AIP.. THIS SHOULD HELP

nishantkumar230996

Aug 26, 2020
Ye

Yea, its very rare... But it’s still very possible... Like they said, first stage approval doesn’t guarantee we’ll approve your application...So there’s a possibility it could be refused, although slim...And it mostly rests on your eligibility... which I believe they’ll still go and preview later...
Okay thank yoi

jwalak14

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Does this mean that once you get aip you have passed eligibility?
I think it depends differently for students according to their country of residence. For students of India, they said at the second stage they will only check for admissibility. They will again review the application for eligibility only if we have submitted an updated LOA or any other changes to the application. Other than that I don't think there will be any problem.It's just my perspective. Hope it will be the case.

Reactions: smitty

nishantkumar230996

Aug 26, 2020
Okk thanks
I think it depends differently for students according to their country of residence. For students of India, they said at the second stage they will only check for admissibility. They will again review the application for eligibility only if we have submitted an updated LOA or any other changes to the application. Other than that I don't think there will be any problem.It's just my perspective. Hope it will be the case.
Ok thanks

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
But i ve also heard that after stage 1 approval its very rare your visa gets refused views on that?
Who came up with the stats that shows it's a rarity? No one can quantify this. We can only speculate at this point. What is sure is that IRCC has indicated it's possible - how often it will happen, no one here knows.

Reactions: abinj

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
@jigzyy this thread needs you. Could you please shed some light on this? Pretty valid arguments on both sides.

Reactions: jigzyy

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
@jigzyy this thread needs you. Could you please shed some light on this? Pretty valid arguments on both sides.
Thanks @azzamkc for tagging me. I have already posted something related to it in a different thread.

Security checks are mostly automated. Based on biometrics and other information available, they try to trace your information across available data and the data shared between countries.

Medical is mostly handled by other visa office and are updated independently.

Background + eligibility are linked.

Medical, Security and some parts of background check are mostly go on behind the scene and require no input from visa officers. They rather just verify the data received and use that to make (or finalize) a decision.

Eligibility is done differently by different visa officers, some may just look at the documents and make decision with the information available(that also depends on the nationality of the applicant), some may request additional documents to help understand the application and make an informed decision, some may even request internally to fraud check + authenticate the documents before they finalize eligibility. More or less, every visa officer is going to go thru these steps, it's just the preference of the visa officers when they choose to do it. Some may choose to wait until Background + Authenticity of the documents (transcripts, financial documents, employment, IELTS) are all verified to complete eligibility review, while some may just conditionally pass eligibility given that the rest of the information turns up without any issues. Based on the proposed study plan, they also try to make sense of what the applicant is attempting to do based on the previous education, age, gap between education, career, family assets and future goals from SOP.

Certain countries eligibility may take a day to be completed where historically applicants provided genuine documents 99% of times while others may take from some days to weeks where historically fraud + fake documents have been used multiple times. That's where the delay comes in to authenticate, trace and eliminate any doubt regarding documents.

This is mostly my understanding of the process which is based on the numerous GCMS comments from Visa Officers.
In addition to this, IRCC hasn't really revealed the steps that they are checking for Stage-1 and Stage-2 specially for Study Permit. Since it was a temporary solution to a bigger issue (backlog of applications), they aren't going to go in to too many details now when the timeline is over.. The only thing that I can tell for certain is that not ALL AIPs are going to get approvals. Both stage1 and stage2 are linked like I mentioned in quoted text above, so anything that was missed in stage1 will be covered in stage2.

Reactions: azzamkc

Siddharthjh

Star Member
Sep 3, 2020
Thanks @azzamkc for tagging me. I have already posted something related to it in a different thread.

In addition to this, IRCC hasn't really revealed the steps that they are checking for Stage-1 and Stage-2 specially for Study Permit. Since it was a temporary solution to a bigger issue (backlog of applications), they aren't going to go in to too many details now when the timeline is over.. The only thing that I can tell for certain is that not ALL AIPs are going to get approvals. Both stage1 and stage2 are linked like I mentioned in quoted text above, so anything that was missed in stage1 will be covered in stage2.
What if the all the documents were submitted like biometrics , medical ,etc and it was a full application? Because in stage 2 they won't have to go through tge documents again.

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020

So, I recently went through the GCMS notes of one of my friends who received his refusal without giving biometrics (first stage refusal) and I found out that his medical was cleared (second stage) and criminality was cancelled (pcc not required in India) and on the basis of that it is quite clear that they're working on both the stages simultaneously without telling anyone. Apart from this chances of refusal in the second stage is extremely rare because it'll only depend upon medical and biometrics (PCC is not required in India and was confirmed as it was cancelled by the visa officer in the GCMS notes).

Last edited:
Reactions: Petita and jigzyy

azzamkc

Apr 2, 2019
Oman
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
02-09-2020
So, I recently went through the GCMS notes of one of my friends who received his refusal without giving biometrics (first stage refusal) and I found out that his medical was cleared (second stage) and criminality was cancelled (pcc not required in India) and on the basis of that it is quite clear that they're working on both the stages simultaneously without telling anyone. Apart from this chances of refusal in the second stage is extremely rare because it'll only depend upon medical and biometrics (PCC is not required in India and was confirmed as it was cancelled by the visa officer in the GCMS notes).
So what was the reason for refusal?

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
That's what I mentioned that it's preference of the visa office and officers. Things are automated too, so criminality and medical are automatically updated in system. But if eligibility is not cleared, none of this matters

Reactions: Zr1911 and azzamkc

Zr1911

Aug 16, 2020
That's what I mentioned that it's preference of the visa office and officers. Things are automated too, so criminality and medical are automatically updated in system. But if eligibility is not cleared, none of this matters
Yes exactly

AbhishekDodo

Star Member
Sep 22, 2020
_PA_StreetAddr is written on my AIP. received AIP on 3 Sept 2020 on EMail. No email from the embassy after that, shall I worry ? is this an error or this means something?