+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those applied visitor visa in April, anyone got passport request?

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Megy112 said:
I filled out the application online 4/1/2013. No passport request.
I guess they review the applications randomly. Some dudes applied in April already got requests. Hope you will get yours very soon.

Megy112

Apr 30, 2013
I hope so too. I can not wait much longer because I have to go home, I'm just here visiting friends. I did not expect that the process for tourist visa will last for so long.

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
Megy112 said:
I hope so too. I can not wait much longer because I have to go home, I'm just here visiting friends. I did not expect that the process for tourist visa will last for so long.
They used to be really fast. I applied last year and the year before, and it only took 3-4 days for processing. but now.....

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.

mimiko

May 8, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I just received an email from them advising that currently they are processing passports received on April 24, 2013.

Good luck all, we can just wait patiently and hope that it is sent to us soon.
Really? Thats really slow. hope I can get my passport back before next Friday.
I applied april 10th., and get passport request april 25th.
They receive my passport april 29th and now i am still waiting.

strandedhelix

May 7, 2013
mimiko said:
Really? Thats really slow. hope I can get my passport back before next Friday.
I applied april 10th., and get passport request april 25th.
They receive my passport april 29th and now i am still waiting.
I would like to hope the same for you. I really wish you do; I do understand the mental agony of waiting. Mine was received on May 2, so I am hoping to receive in next 3 weeks in time for the long weekend. Fingers crossed!

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
strandedhelix said:
I would like to hope the same for you. I really wish you do; I do understand the mental agony of waiting. Mine was received on May 2, so I am hoping to receive in next 3 weeks in time for the long weekend. Fingers crossed!
You mean LA office or NY office?

GeeO

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ott -> Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2012
File Transfer...
11-10-2012
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-07-2012
Interview........
07-01-2014
Passport Req..
22-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
Hi prvn! Did you get any reply of which to send? original or scanned copy? I got a message just like this and honestly it is not clear what they are asking for, bad choice of words if u ask me.

prvn said:
My parents applied through TRV online on 14 April. On 24th received a email saying

Dear XXX :
This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada.
Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.
 99999999 - XXX :
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013

Date format is (MM/DD/YYYY)
Please submit the above requested documents by the same means that you submitted your application, i.e. through VFS if you submitted your application through VFS or by courier or mail if you submitted your application by courier or mail. If you submitted your application in person, you may submit the above requested documents in person or by courier or mail.
If the documents requested relate to your host/inviter in Canada, he/she may send them (if they prefer to do so) directly to our office. He/she should clearly indicate your file number to avoid delays.
Please note that this is not a new application and no new fees are required. Your file will be held for 30 days for you to comply with the above request. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will assume that you no longer wish to pursue your application and will close your file accordingly.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

I checked online & since they wanted us to submit the passport very next day, guess it was a request for resubmission of passport online. So have done the same (an additional field for uploading passport was available again in the checklist area). Not sure though whether this was a request for original passport. Have send them a query. No response yet.