+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those applied visitor visa in April, anyone got passport request?

therisingsea

Apr 29, 2013
I submitted the application online on April 1, and I haven't got the passport request yet. For those who applied in April, has anybody got the passport request?

My ticket to Canada is on May 5, I am so worried about the visa. :(

meng5656

Apr 23, 2013
therisingsea said:
I submitted the application on April 1, and I haven't got the passport request yet. For those who applied in April, has anybody got the passport request?

Did you apply online or mail?

prvn

Jul 8, 2012
My parents applied through TRV online on 14 April. On 24th received a email saying

Dear XXX :
This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada.
Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.
 99999999 - XXX :
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013

Date format is (MM/DD/YYYY)
Please submit the above requested documents by the same means that you submitted your application, i.e. through VFS if you submitted your application through VFS or by courier or mail if you submitted your application by courier or mail. If you submitted your application in person, you may submit the above requested documents in person or by courier or mail.
If the documents requested relate to your host/inviter in Canada, he/she may send them (if they prefer to do so) directly to our office. He/she should clearly indicate your file number to avoid delays.
Please note that this is not a new application and no new fees are required. Your file will be held for 30 days for you to comply with the above request. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will assume that you no longer wish to pursue your application and will close your file accordingly.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

I checked online & since they wanted us to submit the passport very next day, guess it was a request for resubmission of passport online. So have done the same (an additional field for uploading passport was available again in the checklist area). Not sure though whether this was a request for original passport. Have send them a query. No response yet.

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
Hi therisingsea, I submitted my application on line on April 4th, and received passport request on April 29th.
therisingsea said:
I submitted the application online on April 1, and I haven't got the passport request yet. For those who applied in April, has anybody got the passport request?

therisingsea

Apr 29, 2013
Thanks Shurui! You gave me the hope! Hopefully I will get mine tomorrow.

Are they reviewing materials in a time-reversed order? It seems recent submissions are reviewed first.

Shurui said:
Hi therisingsea, I submitted my application on line on April 4th, and received passport request on April 29th.

prvn

Jul 8, 2012
Hi Shurui - Can you please confirm if passport request format was similar to the one I posted here ?

What does the letter state ?

"Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.
 99999999 - XXXXXX :
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013"

I received a letter saying above..Can you please confirm if you received a similar letter or something different ?
How long did it take for your passport to be stamped & returned ? Do they do it via courier, which courier do they use ?
My parents tickets are booked for 10th of May & dates are closing in - getting stressed..

scrls5

Mar 20, 2013
I'd say you are still on time, based on the average , you should hear back from them really soon

Megy112

Apr 30, 2013
I submitted the application online on April 1, and I haven't got the passport request yet. I hope they will send email this week.

therisingsea

Apr 29, 2013
Update: I got the passport request this morning! :p

therisingsea said:

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I also applied online on 4/1/2013 and I still did not receive request for sending Passport. I am so worried that most of the people looks like got the request for passport for the same timeframe submission. Does any know how long it takes once we send passport for Stamping? I came to know that LA is faster then NY office.

prvn

Jul 8, 2012
@therisingsea - which office did you submit ? pls let me know if you got a letter different from the one i posted here..my parents applied to Delhi office.

therisingsea

Apr 29, 2013
Hi prvn, I applied online, in US. Based on the post I have read so far, it seems the material is sent to Ottawa. The letter I got is different from yours, mine is just like
a decision on your application is made, please send your passport, and I believe that's the standard passport request email.

prvn said:
@ therisingsea - which office did you submit ? pls let me know if you got a letter different from the one i posted here..my parents applied to Delhi office.