+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For those applied visitor visa in April, anyone got passport request?

jrgarcia28

Apr 30, 2013
Hello.

I submitted my aplication online thru new york last april 5. I receive passport request this morning.

My question is how and where should i mail my passport.
Please advise. Tyvm
:)

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
Hi prvn, mine passport request letter is just like therisingsea's: A decision has been made,XXXXXX......

prvn said:
Hi Shurui - Can you please confirm if passport request format was similar to the one I posted here ?

What does the letter state ?

"Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.
 99999999 - XXXXXX :
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013"

I received a letter saying above..Can you please confirm if you received a similar letter or something different ?
How long did it take for your passport to be stamped & returned ? Do they do it via courier, which courier do they use ?
My parents tickets are booked for 10th of May & dates are closing in - getting stressed..

Shurui

Apr 30, 2013
Hi prvn,
I believe they found materials missing while processing your application, and this mail is to remind you submitting suplemental materials.

prvn said:
My parents applied through TRV online on 14 April. On 24th received a email saying

Dear XXX :
This refers to your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to visit Canada.
Additional documentation or information is required in order to continue processing your application. Any documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified translation in addition to a photocopy of the original document. Do not submit originals unless specifically asked to do so.
 99999999 - XXX :
 > Passport/Travel Document: Valid passport or travel document This must be received at this office by: 04/25/2013

Date format is (MM/DD/YYYY)
Please submit the above requested documents by the same means that you submitted your application, i.e. through VFS if you submitted your application through VFS or by courier or mail if you submitted your application by courier or mail. If you submitted your application in person, you may submit the above requested documents in person or by courier or mail.
If the documents requested relate to your host/inviter in Canada, he/she may send them (if they prefer to do so) directly to our office. He/she should clearly indicate your file number to avoid delays.
Please note that this is not a new application and no new fees are required. Your file will be held for 30 days for you to comply with the above request. If we do not hear from you within 30 days, we will assume that you no longer wish to pursue your application and will close your file accordingly.
Sincerely,
Immigration Section

I checked online & since they wanted us to submit the passport very next day, guess it was a request for resubmission of passport online. So have done the same (an additional field for uploading passport was available again in the checklist area). Not sure though whether this was a request for original passport. Have send them a query. No response yet.

plutocupid

Apr 30, 2013
I have to pay penalty to my hotel due to this stupid insane embassy and missed my trip to Niagara
They received my passport on April23rd and I haven't heard any thing back from them
This is crazy

guro

Feb 21, 2013
pls update this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiuSdyNH3asgdGYwejlJenlQVjNsRXlKVzA2UElwcmc&rm=minimal#gid=0

mmomidi

Apr 18, 2013
I have applied online on 4/1/2013 and today 5/2/2013 I received request for Passpost. I am planning to send LA to below address considering the LA faster compared to NY. Do you know what is process time for LA now? I am planning to send my passport and my wife's passport in same package (FedEx over night) along with two letters sent by CIC. Expected to receive them in one USPS Express Flat rate cover with stamp. Is this fine, should take care of any thing else. pls advise.

To
EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Any advice on how can get My Fiance into Canada from Libya on a visitors visa???? IS THERE A RIGHT AND A WRONG WAY TO DO THIS ??

Megy112

Apr 30, 2013
I sent them an email and got this response after few hours.
'Dear Client,
Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures.
Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.'

Megy112

Apr 30, 2013
Can someone explain to me the process for tourist visa? I filled out the application online in USA state Virginia. Which office is responsible for the online application? NY, LA or Ottawa?

prvn

Jul 8, 2012
For the benefit of everyone applying TRV to New Delhi Office :

I had applied online - thinking it would be faster, the timelines on CIC website is 3 working days. It is 21 days (15 working days) as on today & there is no response. After 10 days, there is an email asking for my passport copy. ( Comeon, do you think I would submit the application without a copy of the passport - or even it is an online application that the system will accept my accept my application without a passport ? I dont think so. The email requesting passport copy required me to submit on the same day the email came. They set unreasonable deadlines & if you don't follow they can reject your application.

My application was for multiple entry. It is purely a take it or leave it attitude. No one attends phone calls, no email replies. Eat the clients money & provide service as you like..It is frustration beyond limit..

I have a strong feeling there is something between VFS & this office. Otherwise being clients who pay equally, why do people applying through VFS get their visas faster ? Or maybe they don't want to encourage people who apply directly. I was talking to my friend who said he got his visas through VFS in less than 2 weeks.

Further, there are problems with the online system. It crashed on me several times while i tried to upload the files. After uploading, it shows a confirmation - "provided" in green against each document. However, you cant be sure as you cannot open the uploaded document to verify. Sometimes, you don't get email confirmation - when I uploaded the requested documents second time, the system said it would send a confirmation message. There was none. After paying 300 CAD, this is not what you expect to see..

I believe at this point in time, applying through VFS is a wiser option.

y0608x

May 3, 2013
therisingsea said:
I submitted the application online on April 1, and I haven't got the passport request yet. For those who applied in April, has anybody got the passport request?

My ticket to Canada is on May 5, I am so worried about the visa. :(
Hi, did you receive your passport? I applied on Apr 11 online like you, but I have not receive yet.

Temp1813

Apr 12, 2013
prvn said:
For the benefit of everyone applying TRV to New Delhi Office :

I had applied online - thinking it would be faster, the timelines on CIC website is 3 working days. It is 21 days (15 working days) as on today & there is no response. After 10 days, there is an email asking for my passport copy. ( Comeon, do you think I would submit the application without a copy of the passport - or even it is an online application that the system will accept my accept my application without a passport ? I dont think so. The email requesting passport copy required me to submit on the same day the email came. They set unreasonable deadlines & if you don't follow they can reject your application.

My application was for multiple entry. It is purely a take it or leave it attitude. No one attends phone calls, no email replies. Eat the clients money & provide service as you like..It is frustration beyond limit..

I have a strong feeling there is something between VFS & this office. Otherwise being clients who pay equally, why do people applying through VFS get their visas faster ? Or maybe they don't want to encourage people who apply directly. I was talking to my friend who said he got his visas through VFS in less than 2 weeks.

Further, there are problems with the online system. It crashed on me several times while i tried to upload the files. After uploading, it shows a confirmation - "provided" in green against each document. However, you cant be sure as you cannot open the uploaded document to verify. Sometimes, you don't get email confirmation - when I uploaded the requested documents second time, the system said it would send a confirmation message. There was none. After paying 300 CAD, this is not what you expect to see..

I believe at this point in time, applying through VFS is a wiser option.
prvn,

I completely understand your frustration, we are equally upset. It has been 48 days (March 18) since my mom submitted her application online for her visit visa, despite sending 5 emails to New Delhi Embassy, we had no response back from them yet, I don’t understand what they are doing and why they would not reply back to us regarding the application status, I have no idea how much further time they are going to take to either make a decision on her application or at least reply back to our emails

Please update if you receive any correspondence.