+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Taadow

rgvinson777

Dec 12, 2007
Greetings TaaDow.
I happened to come across your remarks to "unstoppable3" as I was browsing the posts this morning. I understand how you feel about her situation. I am from the USA where we have 12 to 20 million "illegal immigrants" living underground and costing American taxpayers billions of dollars every year. A lot of criminal behaviour as well. There is a lot of resentment here over our situation. As well as hate. However, most Americans understand why people want to live here. On the most part, these illegals "mostly Mexicans" just want to live in safety and peace and take care of their families. No one can blame them for that. Yes, they should have come through the proper channels but it is what it is.
I appreciate people like you who are willing to take time to answer questions for people like me who are new to all of this and need answers to our immigration questions. But I was dissappointed upon reading your remarks to "unstoppable3." Her family obviously took a wrong turn and the law has caught up with them. I suspect that unstoppable3 had no voice in the decision that the parents made. Obviously however, he or she is certainly sharing in the suffering and she came to this blog for help. Because you are one of the senior members, she came to you.
All of this is really none of my business. I don't know you and you don't know me. I'm just suggesting that you being a leader in this particular arena (which by nature makes all of us feel helpless at times and certainly vulnerable in some respects), must carry some sense of responsibility and heart in how you approach those who come to this blog for help and advice.
It is a mistake for us to judge others simply by the law. Someday the law may come to judge the judge. Just my opinion but I think an apology is in order.

Sincerly,
rgvinson777

Mar 15, 2008
Right on.

For me, what comes to fore in unstopabl's post is the separation of a family, its like right here right now
is all that matters not the past or the abstract concept of citizenship (at least in the seriousness
of the situation)