+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PR in Saskatchewan or other provinces?

YP

Star Member
Oct 27, 2014
After completing my studies(2 years) in Toronto can I move to Saskatchewan for work permit,bcoz I heard that for PR in Saskatchewan you need to show work exp. of 6 months only?

Sapphire!

Star Member
Aug 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
IELTS Request
7.5(L-8.5,R-8.5,W-6.5,S-7)
File Transfer...
02-12-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-10-2014
Interview........
na
Passport Req..
Submitted with file
VISA ISSUED...
12-12-2014
LANDED..........
02-01-2015
Yes...you can. A cousin of mine did the same. He completed his studies in Toronto and moved to Saskatchewan.

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Saskatchewan is the easiest province to get PR if you study in Saskatchewan. It is no good to move to Saskatchewan if you have studies in Ontario or any other province as then you'll need to have 24 consecutive months of paid employment (with a minimum of 3840 hours) in Saskatchewan after graduation and after receiving a valid post-graduation work permit.

But, it is excellent for students who come directly to Saskatchewan for 1 year program and then apply for PGWP and subsequently PR. This is the only province wherein you study for one year and you get into the path of PR. No other province offer such convenience..

For more information, you may visit http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/student.

SIAST and Parkland are the two SPP colleges in Saskatchewan. Due to high demand in both institutions, one has to apply early.

xaviers

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Ryan1981 said:
Saskatchewan is the easiest province to get PR if you study in Saskatchewan. It is no good to move to Saskatchewan if you have studies in Ontario or any other province as then you'll need to have 24 consecutive months of paid employment (with a minimum of 3840 hours) in Saskatchewan after graduation and after receiving a valid post-graduation work permit.

But, it is excellent for students who come directly to Saskatchewan for 1 year program and then apply for PGWP and subsequently PR. This is the only province wherein you study for one year and you get into the path of PR. No other province offer such convenience..

SIAST and Parkland are the two SPP colleges in Saskatchewan. Due to high demand in both institutions, one has to apply early.
Hi Ryan
thanks a bunch for sharing the link. its really helpful. can you please help a little as i am also planing to apply for a student visa and very much concerned in applying for PR after my studies. i want to apply either for accounting, finance, HRM or economics on Masters or graduate diploma level. do you have any idea which field of study would give me more job opportunities to a full time skilled position in Saskatchewan considering i have zero previous job experience?
i am really confused which field should i apply for. currently i am BBA Hons. anyone who has an idea please advise. Thanks in advance

Ryan1981

Jul 27, 2014
Hi Xaviers, You may go for HRM program in SIAST or Parkland College. Please check wherever you find admissions. HRM has immense scope in Saskatchewan as of now.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ryan1981 said:

For more information, you may visit http://www.economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/student.

You make it look like a piece of cake. 1 year program and you get job and apply for PR. 1 year program gives you 1 year PGWP and he will have to find a job in relevant field.

fahad123

Sep 27, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moreover PGWP comes once. If you fail to find a job in NOC 0,A,B which means a high level job, then you are not eligible for PR.

rosykaur

Star Member
Nov 3, 2014
I heard Saskatechwan is easy.Even in Punjab many agents give me option of Sasketchewan Instituite of Applied Science & Teachnology and Parkland College.But I cannot go as it is too cold. I am selecting Capilano Univ because it is in Vancouver, not cold and easy PR in B.C.

Lexmark86

Nov 5, 2014
Hi! May I know how many days in a week do we need to go to school in Parkland College or Saskatchewan Polytechnic?

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2014 waheguru ne mehar kiti a
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
Lexmark86 said:
Hi! May I know how many days in a week do we need to go to school in Parkland College or Saskatchewan Polytechnic?
Monday- Friday

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
Lexmark86 said:
Thanks for your reply. Is it 8 hours a day?
It depend on class schedule and course...some starts at 9 to 3 some 9 to 12 and some 8 to 3.... So different days different classes not particularly 8 hours..

Vizskywalker

Oct 27, 2014
fahad123 said:
Moreover PGWP comes once. If you fail to find a job in NOC 0,A,B which means a high level job, then you are not eligible for PR.
thats true but in SK any work including on campus or off campus meaning work while on a study permit or on the PGWP once it amounts to 6mounths u may be able to qualify for PR throught the PNP.
but this is only for graduates of SK.

so relatively it is easier to get PR in SK but i heard u have a sign something about staying in SK for a minimum of 2 years of the province nominates u for PR.

karan sandhu

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
28/07/2014
Med's Done....
Premedical done
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
SHORTLY
Vizskywalker said:
SK sounds even better now when you think about that express entry
Only problem here Is the harsh weather!!!!