+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For post-C6 applicants who received AOR, did you use PR card as ID?

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
Happy Birthday!

Do not worry, there is really a very small percentage who have received AORs.

As per spreadsheet:

Applications Received Oct 11,12,13

Total: 81
AORs: 17
Havn't Received AORs = 64

Application Received Oct 16,17,18

Total: 189
AORs: 17
Havn't Received AORs = 172

It may be nothing wrong with your application or any missing documents. Its just that your envelope is not in officer's hand yet. So relax and enjoy your day! :)
ah thanks. now I sort feel better now. analytical analysis is very important lol...:)

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
i only sent drivers license both sides as ID, apart from passport biographical pages.

now i wish i had sent PR card and COPR.

duplex

Sep 3, 2012
i only sent drivers license both sides as ID, apart from passport biographical pages.

now i wish i had sent PR card and COPR.
Driver's license is a perfectly acceptable ID.
Exactly, driver's license is just fine. I guess my questions now are:

1. Do people with passport + 1 piece of ID got AOR?
2. Do people with passport + 1 piece of ID being PR card got AOR?

Hope there can be some more AOR recipient sharing their submission.

flames21

May 12, 2015
PR card fits the bill to be an ID - govt. issued, photo, d.o.b., height, color of eyes etc. etc. It would be stupid not to accept it.
I don't think the reason for asking additional ids is solely for the purpose of Identification. Remember every time you change the address or other information on the drivers license or health card, it goes on the database and could be useful information to verify if you were living in Canada as claimed on your form or not. You can still have a passport and PRC and live outside Canada. Just my 2 cents on the reason why applications without enough ids are returned.

stshayesteh

Star Member
Oct 23, 2017
I don't think the reason for asking additional ids is solely for the purpose of Identification. Remember every time you change the address or other information on the drivers license or health card, it goes on the database and could be useful information to verify if you were living in Canada as claimed on your form or not. You can still have a passport and PRC and live outside Canada. Just my 2 cents on the reason why applications without enough ids are returned.
Then they could be more clear in their checklist and instruction guide about how many and what kind of IDs they require. Also the rest of the questions should be more than enough to verify if someone is living in Canada. Although I personally find some of the questions wording very confusing!!! The letter they sent is saying we did not provide 2 form of IDs. The checklist asks for passport and one other form of ID. If PRC is not acceptable they should have made it clear. My parents also sent their PR verification form.

Reactions: Johnboy and Sunapr

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Valid, but u can also have a drivers license and healthcare while the person reside outside of Canada

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
useful information to verify if you were living in Canada as claimed on your form or not. You can still have a passport and PRC and live outside Canada.
To be honest i don't know why these guys can't get their act together and "control" their borders just like other countries do...the requirement is physical presence only...so its not mandatory for citizenship purposes to "drive" or "go to a doctor" or "go to work"!! :confused:

How about stamping the passports of all PR's on the way in and way out at all borders (including land borders)...just like 3rd world countries do.. rather than to rely on a health card or driver's license to try and guess if someone was in the country or not...:)

flames21

May 12, 2015
Valid, but u can also have a drivers license and healthcare while the person reside outside of Canada
True but the drivers license is connected to car registration and insurance which is renewed every year. Even your number plate registered to your vehicle traces back to DL. Consider the fact that all the traffic tickets, city parking ticket (not private) goes on to your record as well. More than 50% of applicants may have used their health card at clinics at least once during their 5 yrs of eligibility period. I'm not saying that all the above is 100% accurate to solve the residency criteria but definitely helps during conflict of information.

A person can have a driver license but no car, still have a health card but never used it, can still live outside Canada. In that case be prepared to receive RQ after citizenship interview.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
PR card fits the bill to be an ID - govt. issued, photo, d.o.b., height, color of eyes etc. etc. It would be stupid not to accept it.
You are right, but why IRCC need another ID other than PR?

Logically, yes PR captures all form of bio-metric information. Its an ID issued by IRCC and they for sure have all the record in their database anyway.

I think PR card alone does not imply "physical presence." A Driver Licence, with current address and date of issue/expiry (and health card for that purpose too) are at least somewhat indicative of physical presence (of course there are exceptions).. also they are not issued by IRCC, and therefore it may be required as an 'extra' identification concurring the information which IRCC has i.e. your PR card. (It is just my opinion)

Reactions: technic

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
You are right, but why IRCC need another ID other than PR?

Logically, yes PR captures all form of biometric information. Its an ID issued by IRCC and they forsure have all the recored in their database anyway.

I think PR card alone does not imply "physical presence." A drivers licence, with currrent address and date of issue/expriy (and health card for that purpose too) are at least somewhat indicative of physical presence (of course there are exceptions).. also they are not issued by IRCC, and therefore it may be required as an 'extra' identification concurring the informaiton which IRCC has i.e. your PR card. (It is just my opinion)
Possible. Ontario's health card doesn't have an address on it either, and yet it is an acceptable ID. And both health card and PR card have an expiry date.

That being said, I did submit my driver's license along with PR card to be safe.

flames21

May 12, 2015
To be honest i don't know why these guys can't get their act together and "control" their borders just like other countries do...the requirement is physical presence only...so its not mandatory for citizenship purposes to "drive" or "go to a doctor" or "go to work"!! :confused:

How about stamping the passports of all PR's on the way in and way out at all borders (including land borders)...just like 3rd world countries do.. rather than to rely on a health card or driver's license to try and guess if someone was in the country or not...:)
I agree but at the same time they want PR card holders to travel freely like citizens. Stamping every time means that they will have to introduce separate line ups for PR card holders. That's just old school. As long as applicants got their entry/exit dates correct, they don't have to worry about nothing

muhammad092

Mar 9, 2017
Anyone who recieved AOR or any one who sent application ? Can you guys tell me what are the biographical pages of passport? Does it include the signature page as well?