+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For PMM

charu

Jun 6, 2009
Hello PMM,

Thanks for replying to my earlier post. I cant seem to find the form IMM 5538B (voluntary surrender of PR) online. Assuming I do get it from the High Commission, I have a few questions about how to proceed. I'd be most grateful for your input.

I was unable to meet my residency obligations due to health issues with my mother, and subsequently myself. I am unable to travel to a Canadian port of entry to verify if I can retain my PR on H&C grounds. Is it possible to meet with a Canadian immigration official in my country of residence (India) and request that they evaluate my case? IF YES, how do I get an appointment with them? They refuse to answer phones and faxes, which means a personal visit is required (and I hear even visits aren't entertained).

If they decide in the negative, I want to surrender my PR and apply again.

Also, do have a link from where I can download IMM 5538B?

Regards,

Charu

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

charu said:
Hello PMM,

Thanks for replying to my earlier post. I cant seem to find the form IMM 5538B (voluntary surrender of PR) online. Assuming I do get it from the High Commission, I have a few questions about how to proceed. I'd be most grateful for your input.

I was unable to meet my residency obligations due to health issues with my mother, and subsequently myself. I am unable to travel to a Canadian port of entry to verify if I can retain my PR on H&C grounds. Is it possible to meet with a Canadian immigration official in my country of residence (India) and request that they evaluate my case? IF YES, how do I get an appointment with them? They refuse to answer phones and faxes, which means a personal visit is required (and I hear even visits aren't entertained).

If they decide in the negative, I want to surrender my PR and apply again.

Also, do have a link from where I can download IMM 5538B?

Regards,

Charu
1. The form is not available on line to my knowledge.
2. You best bet is to contact Delhi by email and ask how best to proceed, since they usually wish to interview someone relinquishing their PR status, so they know the ramifications.
3. They have a phone no. Immigration Tel.: (91-11) 4178-2050 but I doubt that it will be answered.

PMM